Where the Century docks in Copenhagen

We would like to hear from 2007 returning passengers where Century actually docked in Copenhagen. We were told we were scedhuled for Langelinie but it appears that some sailings actually docked in Frihaven, so now we are taking a quick survey.

Thanks!

July 23, Aug 4, 2008: C190 = should be Langelinie

Aug 16, 2008: C245 = should be Freeport

Regards,

HeinBloed

Well, that is a disappointment. Months ago when I asked Celebrity, they said Langelinie. I will just have to hope for a last minute change.:)

HB, thanks for the info, I don't know where you find this stuff.

Actually it works if you speak some Danish/Swedish. The English access is down:

Check at

http://www.skibe.cmport.com/coins/kbhhavn.nsf

You must click

Krydtstogt

Venteliste

ENTER Century

and CLICK Sög

The result is here:

http://home.arcor.de/yao/X-Century-CPH.pdf

If you then change to

http://www.cmport.com/CMP/uk/uk_docs.nsf

and click

Port maps

Map of Copenhagen

The Free Port

and later Langelinie

you find the number of berth.

190 is not mention but 191-199 is Langelinie - could not be so far away.

245 is part of Freeport.

So you can check yourself for more details.

Regards,

HeinBloed

You mention this is good for walking. How far is it from the Little Mermaid area? I was thinking I would need to catch a bus at the pier to get downtown. We are good walkers, but we have the Copenhagen card in hand, so we can utilize that on the public transportation. What is the best way to get in to downtown early on a Friday morning? Our goal is to walk around a little, but be to the tourist office for Richard Karpens walking tour by 10:15am.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel between the airport or at the airport and the cruise port. Have already been to Copenhagen so have seen most of the sights, but flying in a day early for Princess cruise, May 20th. Thanks Do any hotels at the airport have shuttle service?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel between the airport or at the airport and the cruise port. Have already been to Copenhagen so have seen most of the sights, but flying in a day early for Princess cruise, May 20th. Thanks Do any hotels at the airport have shuttle service?

Blazer -- you'll get more responses to your question if you start a new thread in this forum rather than bury it in a thread who topic is really so limited. The Century only stops in Copenhagen for the day; it sails from Amsterdam.

Just use the new thread but at the top of the fourm page: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192.

I just stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott. It was really nice with large sized rooms. Located only a few blocks from the Central Train Station and right on the water.

Try using Priceline. I got my room on July 2nd for only $97

I think it depends if there are other ships in port. On the June 27th sailing we were the only ones in Copenhagen so we docked in Langelinie which was great for walking.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Only July 3rd, the Veendam was the only ship in town and it still docked at Freeport rather than Langelinie.

I should have clarified that with the "Century" since that it what the question was about- because it is listed as Langelinie and only seems to change if there is another ship in port at the Langelinie otherwise that is where it docks. I wasn't talking about any other ship. I don't know where the Veendam was scheduled to dock.

You mention this is good for walking. How far is it from the Little Mermaid area? I was thinking I would need to catch a bus at the pier to get downtown. We are good walkers, but we have the Copenhagen card in hand, so we can utilize that on the public transportation. What is the best way to get in to downtown early on a Friday morning? Our goal is to walk around a little, but be to the tourist office for Richard Karpens walking tour by 10:15am.

On June 17th we docked at Langelinie, it was indeed only 10 min walking to the Little Mermaid.

We took the ship's shuttle to downtown and walked around the whole day without using any other public transport. The shuttle dropped us at the beginning of Nyhavn. From there we walked through stroget all the way to Tivoli (we didn't go inside). From there we walked back to Rosenborg Have, stopping at the round tower on the way. Then we headed towards the royal palace to see the change of the guard (overrated event I would skip it if you have seen similar ones). Afterwards we headed to the lower end of nyhaven walked it the way up and back towards the ship through the kastellet and the little mermaid. All together 7miles walking approx in 6 hrs, really enjoyable.

Archived