How friendly is Carnival and their PAX...

cruiserguy99

To gays and lesbians?

Is their a problem if my partner and I hold hands?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but a ship is a mix of people from all walks of life. Some would give you dirty looks while others wouldn't even notice. There was a thread about this last week. I'll see if I can find it.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but a ship is a mix of people from all walks of life. Some would give you dirty looks while others wouldn't even notice. There was a thread about this last week. I'll see if I can find it.

I think it went to the land of deleted threads.

To the OP, do whatever you'd like (within reason, of course) in my presence. I wouldn't blink an eye or say a word.

To gays and lesbians?

Is their a problem if my partner and I hold hands?

I don't know if you know this, but under "special interest cruising" there is an area for gay and lesbians. I am sure you will find all your answers there. Happy cruising! :)

I don't know if you know this, but under "special interest cruising" there is an area for gay and lesbians. I am sure you will find all your answers there. Happy cruising! :)

Thank you for the suggestion. But, I don't think other gay and lesbian people would have a problem with what I asked. That is why I am asking here.

Also, I didn't see the other thread. I did a few searches after reading the suggestion and this site kept timing out.

It looks like that other thread may have disappeared. I would hope that the majority of Carnival cruisers wouldn't have an issue with it, but if you read these boards for awhile, you will see that there are some people who can make the biggest deal out of NOTHING. You just can please some people. ;) Stick around here for awhile and you'll see what I mean. :) Anyway, I know there are several gay Carnival cruisers who post here, so maybe you will hear from them, too, about their experiences. Are you already booked?

It looks like that other thread may have disappeared. I would hope that the majority of Carnival cruisers wouldn't have an issue with it, but if you read these boards for awhile, you will see that there are some people who can make the biggest deal out of NOTHING. You just can please some people. ;) Stick around here for awhile and you'll see what I mean. :) Anyway, I know there are several gay Carnival cruisers who post here, so maybe you will hear from them, too, about their experiences. Are you already booked?

Thinking about it for Christmas.

Thanks for your comments.

I personally have more of a problem with the straight couples who seem to be trying make a baby on the Lido deck.:eek:

Two gay men or women holding hands would not bother me or my husband at all.

Happy Cruising!!

CRUISERGUY,

I wouldn't have a problem with it at all! My best male childhood friend is gay and we are actually going on a cruise together in about 2 weeks!

book the cruise and have a great time and who cares what anyone else thinks anyway? I think you will be fine!! LOTS of very friendly people on CCL ships!

Hey,

We were on the Carnival Legend last fall, first cruise, and we encountered no problems. Met alot of nice people from all walks of life. We enjoyed it so much we booked the Carnival Liberty for this December.

Dan and Miguel

Thank you for the suggestion. But, I don't think other gay and lesbian people would have a problem with what I asked. That is why I am asking here.

Also, I didn't see the other thread. I did a few searches after reading the suggestion and this site kept timing out.

Do you honestly think that someone that has a problem with it would tell you the truth in this thread and get flamed? You'd be better off asking in the gay forum for other gay couple's experiences. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think that someone that has a problem with it would tell you the truth in this thread and get flamed? You'd be better off asking in the gay forum for other gay couple's experiences. :rolleyes:

You must have missed the thread that went on for days and finally just got zapped, People were honest, people were flamed but the truth was told. Everyone has their own opinion and that thread had it all.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly would speak the truth. I have "crashed" a few "bringing rolling coolers on the ship" threads and spoke up with no qualms even though some thought I was a big 'meanie' because I think it's tacky.

NO..we're not going to debate that here! I'll meet you on those threads! lol Back to your previously scheduled topic! :D

Just a random thought for the OP here. I think that your chances of getting a positive (or negative) reaction is about the same as if you and your partner were out in public anywhere else. A cruise ship, whether Carnival's or anyone else's, is most likely going to have a representative cross-section of the general public aboard, so you'd likely get pretty much the whole range of reactions.

Personally, I'd ask, and you and your partner happy? That's pretty much all that matters. :cool:

BTW, enjoy your cruise!:D

Archived