Question regarding final payment

Hi all, need some advice from the experts out there, here is my dilemma:

I recently converted my Bank of America credit card to a Royal Caribbean card, received it yesterday. After going through all the "small print" I came across this stipulation:

"For new Cardholders, accrual of Royal Points may begin on enrollment date. Enrollment date means the date we mail the card and the credit card agreement to you. If you are our customer and your account is converted to the program, you may not earn Royal Points until the first day of the month beginning after you receive your Card(s). No retroactive points will be awarded."

So.. our final payment is due on July 28. According to the above rule, we won't get credit for our final payment amount. In anyone's experience, is it worth a phone call to see if we can either hold off on making the final payment till August 1? Or, make the final payment on the due date, then call back on August 1 and see if we can have the original final payment credited and charged to the Royal Caribbean card? Or should I just forego accruing points (over 3200) this go around?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Were you given your "Final Payment" due date by RCI or by a T.A.??

Usually, T.A. will have at least a 7-day pad (sometimes as much as 30 days) to receive payment late and still get it to RCI in time. If this is the case, you shouldn't have a problem with waiting until after the 1st.

If you booked direct with RCI, call them and tell them you will be 3 days late in making final payment. I'm sure they won't have a problem with that. Some people miss it by a week or more and are still ok.

Hope This Helps.

Were you given your "Final Payment" due date by RCI or by a T.A.??

Usually, T.A. will have at least a 7-day pad (sometimes as much as 30 days) to receive payment late and still get it to RCI in time. If this is the case, you shouldn't have a problem with waiting until after the 1st.

If you booked direct with RCI, call them and tell them you will be 3 days late in making final payment. I'm sure they won't have a problem with that. Some people miss it by a week or more and are still ok.

Hope This Helps.

Hi! Thanks for the quick response.. we booked directly with RCI online. That is the final payment date that is posted on our reservation info page. I am definitely going to call and advise them of what we are planning to do. I know when I used to work for a tour operator, our final payment due date was 45 day prior, we never released those reservations till 30 days out for lack of payment. I hope RCI wil extend the same courtesy, I would really hate to lose out on those points!

Thanks so much again! :)

Archived