Hotels

txracefan

Help on finding reasonable priced hotel in Anchorage .How early should I start looking.We aren't going till June 9 for June 11 sailing.I'm afraid i'm one that likes to get everything done early.Don't plan on missing the ship this time

We got the best price at Springhill Suites by Marriott AAA rate. WE were about 5 minutes from airport. Nice place to stay. Walked across the street to Outback for dinner after long flight and Wal Mart was next door for the things you might have forgotten or didn't want to carry the whole way. It is not on the water like others but it was great for the night before we headed out. Very clean and good breakfast.

Book a hotel you can live with then check places like hotwire and priceline about every 2-4 weeks. Last fall I was able to get the Extended Stay Deluxe in downtown Anchorage for this month for $37-$50/night plus taxes. Just be sure that the hotel you book for next June is cancellable for no charge in case you come across a good deal on hotwire or priceline.

John

Archived