HAL Alaskan CruiseTour in Dawson City

MSEm

I will be on the Alaskan CruiseTour #3 departing Vancouver on Aug 4. On the Land portion we will have 2 nights in Dawson City (Westmark Hotel??).

I would like to plan on washing 1 or 2 loads of clothes on our first night in Dawson City. Is there a self serve laundry in the hotel or in town? If so what currency? Canadian coins? Thanks for the help.

We have stayed at the Westmark in Dawson City. Interesting frontier style town. Hope you get to see the Gaslight Follies. Westmark website says it has a Guest Laundry. That sounds like a laundramat. Canadian coins in Canada. Don't forget we have $1 (Loonie)and $2(toonie) coins; no bills until $5

We just returned from Tour 2 - which also included two nights in Dawson. The Westmark hotel actually has two separate laundry rooms. We chose to use the larger machines for a cost of $3 a load. They also had smaller machines for $1.50 a load in the other room. The front desk can help with Canadian currency. It was wonderful to have clean clothes halfway through the trip.

Thanks for all of the great info. I will plan on doing 2 loads of wash while in Dawson City. Shoud I bring my own detergent and fabric softener sheets?

We will arrive in Dawson City on day 8 of our 20 day trip. I do not want to plan on doing all the laundry in a sink.

Reception will have all that you need to get some wash done. There were laundry rooms at all of the Westmarks on Cruisetour #6. I liked the one in Tok the best. Also, on the Zaandam they had a laundry deal where they washed, ironed/folded a laundry bag full of dirty clothes for $12. We had been traveling for over two weeks at that time so it was a huge treat. In Skagway, the town seemed to close up early but I believe that there is a laundry room in the hotel. You will have a wonderful trip. If you have other questions, just ask!

Archived