emerald deck sun princess

antsp

hi we are on the sun princess in october and we have cabin no. E353 , i have looked on the deck plans and there is a large blanked area next to our cabin , has any stayed in this cabin or know what this space is, thanks:)

The large blank space on deck plans is where
they keep the unfortunates who have
expired on the cruise. So if you hear groans and
noises...

It's probably is a storage area that the room
stewards keep their stuff in. I do not have
your deck plan to be sure.

Actually, on the Caribbean Princess, I saw this area opened up the night before we disembarked. They were loading luggage collected from the hallways onto service elevators. They had padding strapped to the outside walls, to protect them from bumps and scrapes from luggage.

antsp,
I believe the area you are referring to backs up to the passenger stairs and elevators. Those areas are generally staff stairways and service elevators to allow the crew to come and go (to their work areas and the like) from their quarters without entering passenger areas. It could also be used for service carts or moving luggage to and from the hold.

I hope this helps.

Sharon

[quote name='crusdiva']I believe the area you are referring to backs up to the passenger stairs and elevators. Those areas are generally staff stairways and service elevators to allow the crew to come and go (to their work areas and the like) from their quarters without entering passenger areas. It could also be used for service carts or moving luggage to and from the hold.[/QUOTE]And if you mentally stack the deck plans for each deck one on top of another, you can get a mental 3-D view of where the service areas and crew staircases are and how they all link together.

Archived