NYC pre-cruise Cape Liberty

I spoke to RCCL today and the only hotels they have pre-cruise are need the airports around NYC.

We would love a pre-cruise with RCCL that includes transfers, but I think this does not exist. I'm surprised. We usually take HAL and they have pre-cruises all arranged.

I need help in planning. We have two large and two small pieces of luggage. We think we will fly into Newark and then bus to NYC and then Cab to hotel (whichever one we choose.)

How do we get to Cape Liberty? Is there a bus from bus station? I think a cab will be too expensive. Is there a shuttle? Does RCCL have anything in place?

Thanks for your info.

Are you planning to tour around NYC for a day or two? Or are you just going in for the cruise? If you are just going for the cruise you really should stay in NJ. NYC can be a LONNNNNNGGGGGG ride during high traffic times. . Not sure what the exact cost would be, but taxi are big $$$.

These are the directions for public transportation from the Cape Liberty site

By Train

Take the PATH train from Manhattan to Jersey City or Hoboken. Outside the PATH Station, take the NJ Hudson-Bergen Light Rail train to Bayonne. Get off at the 34th Street Station in Bayonne. You are now directly across Route 440 from The Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor, which includes the Cape Liberty Cruise Port. Call one of the three Bayonne cab companies to drive you to the cruise port, which is about two miles east of the Light Rail line.

By Bus

From the Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the 99S bus to Bayonne. The 99S bus travels along Kennedy Boulevard into Bayonne and stops on request every three blocks. When you reach 33rd Street and Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne, you will be at the closest point on the bus route to the cruise port. Call one of the three Bayonne cab companies to drive you to the cruise port, which is about three miles east of Kennedy Boulevard.

This is the website link

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/

We plan to visit NYC. I will see three Broadway shows in two day (Wed. matinee) and hubby will visit his hometown of Brooklyn.

Getting from NYC to port is the problem. I saw those directions and appreciate your supplying them, but I'm hoping there is some other type of connection.

Archived