Res Validation. Category is no longer available.

jimc_usa

I am trying to access my reservation on the NCL web site but after logging in and typing in my reservation reservation number the system "sees" my crusie on the Pearl for November, but then it comes back with the error Validation. Category is no longer available!

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Just signed in and saw mine with no problems. Are you checking under locating my reservation? Mine is listed there. Hope you find yours. :)

When I put in the reservation number it said "Reservation found and has been added to reservation list. Please check "Locate Reservations"."

But that's it.

We've been having trouble with the ncl site for weeks. What you're describing is 'normal' these days. We had our TA check and everything was fine, just IT problems at ncl.

Hope this helps;)

Is there no reservation in the drop down list? I see mine but I have to select it from the drop down.

Yes and it shows my cruise - but when I go to locate cruise it comes up with the error. From what other people have said - I may just have to keep trying.

Yes and it shows my cruise - but when I go to locate cruise it comes up with the error. From what other people have said - I may just have to keep trying.

Im getting the exact same error. My reservation is in the drop down box, but when I try to access it, I get the same validation error you are getting.

I booked my cruise 2 months ago, so I don't think that the problem is related to recent bookings.

I received the same error (category is not available) for my reservation with NCL when I try to access my reservation using the Locate Reservations pull down box. However when I use my reservation number in "Don't see your reservations" it says that my reservation has been found.

Typing in the Reservation number and my last name in Booking Shore Excursions pulls up the details of my cruise and the passengers traveling with me on reservation.

Not sure what the glitch is, but it seems to be related to an IT system error on the NCL website with the drop down box for locating your reservation and not our entire cruise reservation being canceled.

Sometimes when I can't see my res on the new site, I use the old. Try this link:

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/index.cfm

Log in and choose view shopping requests. To see itinerary details choose print summary button.

NCL.com shows my reservation ok, but the Seaweb link shows it as "cancelled" :eek:

Dave

I got the same error response a few weeks ago so I called NCL. The reservations agent transferred me to the technology department and the person there told me that it is a "reported problem" and they are working on fixing it.

So in a couple on months we may be able to use the website :D

I am trying to access my reservation on the NCL web site but after logging in and typing in my reservation reservation number the system "sees" my crusie on the Pearl for November, but then it comes back with the error Validation. Category is no longer available!

Anyone know what the problem might be?

The bug is related to us folks that didn't reserve DIRECTLY with NCL...(i.e. I used an outside travel site). If you don't reserve with NCL themselves, the reservation system will give you that validation error

pp23

The bug is related to us folks that didn't reserve DIRECTLY with NCL...(i.e. I used an outside travel site). If you don't reserve with NCL themselves, the reservation system will give you that validation error

pp23

Do they plan to fix it? This means I cannot book excursions on line or see what cabin I have been allocated. I am not a happy camper!

I am curious to see the answer as to how we can book shore excursions if we didn't book through NCL. We are travelling over New Years to Hawaii, so wanted to book the excursions soon. Any info would be appreciated.

pp23

I have two reservations, both booked through a TA on the same day. The one for 2008 comes up with this error message. The one for 2009 shows up fine with no problems.

Archived