Help Please

C-U-ONBOARD

Ok so we took a cruise last Oct, and I found this forum/website AFTER booking and I just know I paid more then I should have since I booked thru Expedia...However, now after coming on here since....I am SOOOOO much more knowledgeable I am hoping to get a better rate this time around...

Now I know there is a difference of opinion as to if one should book directly thru Carnival or use a Travel agent etc...I have read SO much about you guys getting these GREAT rates...and now I have to ask....where did you find them?

We are looking to sail on the 4night Elation out of San Diego on 09/27....so any advise as to how to book, what to book, where to book etc....anything that can help us save money or get a better room would be greatly appreciated...

THANKS IN ADVANCE......

If you read the "rules and regs" of this site we are not allowed to mention any specific travel agent. I personally got my best "great deal" directly from Carnival. The PVP I spoke with worked with me to find a good deal. Give them a call and see what they have to offer. Good Luck.

If you have cruised Carnival before (not sure which line you cruised with), ask if a past passenger discount applies to the cruise you want to take. Also ask about residency, military, and senior discounts (if any of those apply to you)

Carnival is actually having a sale right now if you book by Wed. You may want to check into that.

Other TAs aren't allowed to advertise a cheaper price than Carnival, but some book groups of cabins and get a cheaper price on them, and pass that savings along to you. Some may offer OBC. I would just check around and see if you can find a cheaper price than what Carnival lists it for.

I personally would rather book with the cruise line as I like having control over my reservation. But others disagree. HTH

We got an email from a friend who cruises a lot and her TA had a special group cruise rate saved us a ton of money, if I cruise again I will use the same person or try one of the Cruise Critic group cruises as they have good prices too. We got a Balcony on Conquest for $860 and its now over $1200 on carnival site.:D

Ok so we took a cruise last Oct, and I found this forum/website AFTER booking and I just know I paid more then I should have since I booked thru Expedia...However, now after coming on here since....I am SOOOOO much more knowledgeable I am hoping to get a better rate this time around...

Now I know there is a difference of opinion as to if one should book directly thru Carnival or use a Travel agent etc...I have read SO much about you guys getting these GREAT rates...and now I have to ask....where did you find them?

We are looking to sail on the 4night Elation out of San Diego on 09/27....so any advise as to how to book, what to book, where to book etc....anything that can help us save money or get a better room would be greatly appreciated...

THANKS IN ADVANCE......

i wld just price around. but, if you get a better rate in advance w/ a TA, you shld ask them if they will honor price drops as a result of a later sale. if they won't, it may not be worth it to go w/ them if the upfront discount is only nominal.

also, see if they charge an agency cancellation fee. some TAs will charge an agency cancellation fee even when you are outside of penalty.

Carnival is actually having a sale right now if you book by Wed. You may want to check into that.

HTH

Could you post the terms of the sale? I still can't seem to get the emails no matter how often I call and ask my PVP to send them.

Could you post the terms of the sale? I still can't seem to get the emails no matter how often I call and ask my PVP to send them.

...Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Savings up to $140 per stateroom on select 3- 5 Day Sailings and Savings up to $200 per stateroom on select 7-8 day sailings. All savings based on double occupancy. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the savings amount. Valid on new individual bookings only. Savings based on supersaver rates. Offer expires at 11:59PM EST on Wednesday 7/18/07. Offer is available on select 3-8 day Sailings thru December 2007. Prices shown above reflect discount. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CPDW.

first-timecruiser - keep in mind that a couple of years ago Carnival told the online travel agencies that the online rates they showed could not be lower than those shown on the Carnival site. Subsequently, if you do an online comparison, the rates are going to come up the same regardless of who you are comparing. The only way to get around this is to e-mail or call the online services to really get their best rate so that you can compare. Good luck on your search.

...Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Savings up to $140 per stateroom on select 3- 5 Day Sailings and Savings up to $200 per stateroom on select 7-8 day sailings. All savings based on double occupancy. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the savings amount. Valid on new individual bookings only. Savings based on supersaver rates. Offer expires at 11:59PM EST on Wednesday 7/18/07. Offer is available on select 3-8 day Sailings thru December 2007. Prices shown above reflect discount. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CPDW.

hhmm tried using that code and it does not work.......and yes I tried with and without the "C"

Archived