Check your cruise price

LakeErieLady

Just out of curiosity, how did you check? Did you have your TA check for you? or is there way to check on-line ourselves?

This is what happend to me.

We reserved our 2 rooms last year and when I got confirmation with room numbers, I didn't really pay attention to it until last month. I noticed the room numbers were 5 numbers apart. I looked up on the ship map and found out that we were not next to each other. This was quite upsetting because you would think if you reserve year ahead, at least you would get room next to each other. Anyway, my TA said because we were booking for cheapest price, it didn't guarantee we would get rooms next to each other.

Anyway, TA called NCL just to see if there was any chance we can get rooms next to each other. Well, TA found out there was drop in price of airfare/cruise since we've booked so we were able to get $800 savings for 5 of us.

HOWEVER, it was a headache getting credit back. (at least for me it was but was worth the headache for the $800 credit).

Instead of giving the difference in credit back to my credit card, NCL credits the whole amount you originally paid (which I had already paid in full), and then re-charge to your credit card.

BUT, instead of doing the credit and re-charge at the same time, they CHARGE me the NEW price first and did not credit right away. Appearantly they told my TA that credit takes 7-10 days.

So guess what happend?!? My credit card statement closed and I had bill for $9,000. I had my other charges around $2500 and with around $6,500 charge of new rate, I owed my credit card company around $9,000. I'm not rich that I can just pay $9,000 while waiting for credit. I called the credit company explaining what happened and told them that I was expecting $6,500 credit back and because they have no proof that I'll be getting credit, they said I can fight it (I forgot the correct term) but for only $2,500 or something like that. I had to fill out form and etc. Because I didn't want to go through all that, I borrowed money from my sister and paid off the credit card bill since I didn't want to pay the interest.

I kept on calling NCL to find out when I"ll be receiving my credit and was told there's a form that my TA is suppose to fill out if I want to process the credit. They didn't tell my TA that so I had my TA call them and then they faxed the forms and my TA had to fill out to get credit. Even after my TA mailed the forms, it took over a week for my credit of $6,500 to show up on my statement.

Check with NCL to find out exactly how they are going to give credit back.

One more thing, NCL was going to charge $50 for each of us for cancelling (eventhough technically we didn't cancel, just changing rooms and NCL giving lower price) but my TA was able to speak to the supervisor and waived that fee ($250 for 5 of us).

P.S. Oh, by the way, we did get the 2 rooms next to each other but not connected. I really wanted connecting rooms since we have kids but I guess rooms next to each other is better than being 5 rooms apart.:D

your right it pays to check a couple times per week. On my last cruise I saved $500 by getting the same price for the top balcony BA from the BD. I always check.

After reading the original post, I checked with my TA and sure enough, my reservation went down by 375. So we were able to upgrade to a nicer cabin and still get 272 back.

I was told that NCL would just credit my credit card. I am anxious to see if I get the same hassle that the previous post had.

I'll contact my TA and tell them the problems and hopefully we can settle it without the same hassle.

But, even if it does end up being a hassle, it is worth the upgrade and the 272.

Thank you, thank you, thank you:)

We're not paid in full yet so this will just mean our final payment will go down the $600+ amount. Our daughter said we should go to a fancier cabin, but I'm just as satisfied to stay put- we won't be in the cabin that much anyway!

A prior post asked how you check to see if prices have gone down. My TA is actually "cruises only" which has a huge website. I went on their site and checked what the prices are going for right now on my chosen cruise. I noticed a cabin that was still available that was right next to mine and it was going for cheaper than what I paid a few months ago. So I called my TA and they called NCL for me and got me the 375. credit. We used a portion of it to upgrade since we were in the smallest inside cabin. We upgraded to a superior inside, which of course is still not luxurious. But, we won't be in the cabin that much anyway. So, with the 375, we get a slightly better cabin and money in our pockets for shore exc. so it worked out great! :D (hopefully we won't have any hassle with the credit):eek:

Do you have the link to "cruises only"?

Did you book air through NCL? The reason I was going to be charged $50 each was because of the airfaire. To NCL it was actual cancellation of air and then rebooking us for cheaper rate so that was why they were going to charge $50 which as mentioned my TA got it waived.

Thank you.

A prior post asked how you check to see if prices have gone down. My TA is actually "cruises only" which has a huge website. I went on their site and checked what the prices are going for right now on my chosen cruise. I noticed a cabin that was still available that was right next to mine and it was going for cheaper than what I paid a few months ago. So I called my TA and they called NCL for me and got me the 375. credit. We used a portion of it to upgrade since we were in the smallest inside cabin. We upgraded to a superior inside, which of course is still not luxurious. But, we won't be in the cabin that much anyway. So, with the 375, we get a slightly better cabin and money in our pockets for shore exc. so it worked out great! :D (hopefully we won't have any hassle with the credit):eek:

We booked for January 08 and our price dropped 580.00 per cabin ... we called ncl and were credited and upgraded to a better balcony cabin ... I think bd to bb we used the 580.00 to upgrade our room at the marriott waikiki pre cruise to a full ocean view and still saved 430.00 for the 2 of us ... you have to keep watching to see if the price goes down.

Needless to say ... we were thrilled

Out of curiosity, did they mention how they were going to credit you back?

I wonder if the pricing continue to drop, if they'll continue credit the price?

We booked for January 08 and our price dropped 580.00 per cabin ... we called ncl and were credited and upgraded to a better balcony cabin ... I think bd to bb we used the 580.00 to upgrade our room at the marriott waikiki pre cruise to a full ocean view and still saved 430.00 for the 2 of us ... you have to keep watching to see if the price goes down.

Needless to say ... we were thrilled

the website for cruises only is www.cruisesonly.com

but, I think you can go to NCL's website and see the same information. I have e-mailed my consultant at cruises only all of my concerns regarding the credit. She has Tues and Wed. off so I won't have an answer until Thursday. I'll let you know what she says about getting the credit.

We did NOT book our air thru cruises only. We had enough reward credits on our Southwest Airlines credit card that DH and I will be flying to Hawaii for free!!:D

Just out of curiosity, how did you check? Did you have your TA check for you? or is there way to check on-line ourselves?

This is what happend to me.

We reserved our 2 rooms last year and when I got confirmation with room numbers, I didn't really pay attention to it until last month. I noticed the room numbers were 5 numbers apart. I looked up on the ship map and found out that we were not next to each other. This was quite upsetting because you would think if you reserve year ahead, at least you would get room next to each other. Anyway, my TA said because we were booking for cheapest price, it didn't guarantee we would get rooms next to each other.

Anyway, TA called NCL just to see if there was any chance we can get rooms next to each other. Well, TA found out there was drop in price of airfare/cruise since we've booked so we were able to get $800 savings for 5 of us.

HOWEVER, it was a headache getting credit back. (at least for me it was but was worth the headache for the $800 credit).

Instead of giving the difference in credit back to my credit card, NCL credits the whole amount you originally paid (which I had already paid in full), and then re-charge to your credit card.

BUT, instead of doing the credit and re-charge at the same time, they CHARGE me the NEW price first and did not credit right away. Appearantly they told my TA that credit takes 7-10 days.

So guess what happend?!? My credit card statement closed and I had bill for $9,000. I had my other charges around $2500 and with around $6,500 charge of new rate, I owed my credit card company around $9,000. I'm not rich that I can just pay $9,000 while waiting for credit. I called the credit company explaining what happened and told them that I was expecting $6,500 credit back and because they have no proof that I'll be getting credit, they said I can fight it (I forgot the correct term) but for only $2,500 or something like that. I had to fill out form and etc. Because I didn't want to go through all that, I borrowed money from my sister and paid off the credit card bill since I didn't want to pay the interest.

I kept on calling NCL to find out when I"ll be receiving my credit and was told there's a form that my TA is suppose to fill out if I want to process the credit. They didn't tell my TA that so I had my TA call them and then they faxed the forms and my TA had to fill out to get credit. Even after my TA mailed the forms, it took over a week for my credit of $6,500 to show up on my statement.

Check with NCL to find out exactly how they are going to give credit back.

One more thing, NCL was going to charge $50 for each of us for cancelling (eventhough technically we didn't cancel, just changing rooms and NCL giving lower price) but my TA was able to speak to the supervisor and waived that fee ($250 for 5 of us).

P.S. Oh, by the way, we did get the 2 rooms next to each other but not connected. I really wanted connecting rooms since we have kids but I guess rooms next to each other is better than being 5 rooms apart.:D

Just to let you know, I just checked my credit card and NCL has already credited my account. :) I just requested all this earlier this week, and I have had no problem. I am even getting a small amount back on the insurance I purchased thru my agent for this trip since the price of the cruise is lower than originally quoted.:D

Wow, I guess I was the only one who went through the whole hassle. I have to let my TA know.

Question. Insurance you purchased through your agent is different than insurance paid with NCL? and if you don't mind me asking, did you get the difference in credit or did they credit you the whole amount and then recharge for the new discount price?

Thank you.

Just to let you know, I just checked my credit card and NCL has already credited my account. :) I just requested all this earlier this week, and I have had no problem. I am even getting a small amount back on the insurance I purchased thru my agent for this trip since the price of the cruise is lower than originally quoted.:D

They did not change my reservation at all. I even have the same reservation number. NCL put the amount thru for the credit. They didn't charge me for a new reserv. then cancel my old one, just gave me the credit. From the way my statement reads, the cost of the cruise goes thru NCL, but the Insurance I purchased was thru "Cruises only", which, as I mentioned before, was my travel agent.

I don't know if the difference between everyone else and your reserv. ( at least speaking about MY reservation) was I didn't have my flight thru them also.

I haven't seen the credit on my credit card from my TA for the insurance portion, but that was only something like $32. so I'm not concerned about that. We got a slight upgrade in our little cabin and still got a credit put thru by NCL for $271.

We had no hassle at all except to take the time to inform our TA.:) Thanks to the posting on this thread!:D

Ever have problems checking rates on this website. Every time I try to select a cabin it gives me a "page cannot be displayed error". Ugh!

I tried to go into this site and had the same problem, never had this problem before.

You can get the same information by going the NCL website, and I tried their site and had the same problem once I checked a certain cabin. I guess maybe NCL is having a site problem. Maybe you can try again later.

we booked our trip and noticed that there has been a slight price drop about $200. we called the TA we booked the cruise through but he said there was nothing he could do. called NCL also and they said they couldn't do anything either. do we just need to keep calling until we get an adjustment or some kind of upgrade? any advice would be great!

I think the reason NCL can't do anything is because you went thru a travel agent (I'm not certain of this, but I think that could be the trouble as to NCL)

But, I'm baffled as to why your TA can't do something. when I called mine, they looked on line at the prices and agreed they had appeared to have dropped, :) so she kept me on hold while she called NCL. NCL agreed and said they'd put the credit thru, which as I have mentioned, I had no problem getting and got it within 3 or 4 days.:D

I think I would get further info from TA. Did they agree that it has gone down? Sometimes on line what appears to be a drop in a cat. is actually a little different. If your TA is agreeing that it went down, but still says they can't do anything about it, I'd question why. If they say it is that once you book it they can't adjust it, that seems like a lot of "baloney" since all of us that were in that situation got money back. I had already paid my cruise in full and they still adjusted it.:D

We didn't have to change our reservation- same cabin, same reservation number- part of the amount was from the TA and it's already credited to our MC, the rest will be off our final payment in Nov. I just called him and I was on hold a while and when he came back - I have good news- you have saved over $600. That's on 1 cabin for 2 people.

If you went through TA, NCL won't talk to you, ONLY with TA. Few time I called to asked, that's what NCL told me ("have your TA call us").

So keep on bugging your TA because HE could do something. All he needs to do is make phone call to NCL and tell them that his client checked the price on internet or heard on the internet that price dropped and would like to check on your reservation.

Be persistant. It's your money!

we booked our trip and noticed that there has been a slight price drop about $200. we called the TA we booked the cruise through but he said there was nothing he could do. called NCL also and they said they couldn't do anything either. do we just need to keep calling until we get an adjustment or some kind of upgrade? any advice would be great!

Just curious.....Did you book air with NCL?

I'm think the reason they had to cancel mine and then re-do the reservation is because I had air with them and they had to cancel my air and rebook air and that was the whole problem I had with credit.

We didn't have to change our reservation- same cabin, same reservation number- part of the amount was from the TA and it's already credited to our MC, the rest will be off our final payment in Nov. I just called him and I was on hold a while and when he came back - I have good news- you have saved over $600. That's on 1 cabin for 2 people.

I have learned this the hard way several times now. :mad: Cruise lines do not give credit for reduced fares if the reduction comes at or after the final payment date which is generally 75 days prior to cruise. If you push your travel agent or the cruise line you can sometimes get an upgrade. I just went through this with CruisesOnly. As soon as I saw this initial topic I got on the phone with them. Because we cruise 9/22 and the final payment date was 7/9, it was too late to get the credit. Because I had a persistent agent, she was able to get the cruise line to agree to give me an upgrade. I had this issue with Princess cruises last year and was only able to negotiate an upgrade, no refund/credit.

So, watch the fares closely as your final payment date approaches. It is EXTREMELY unlikely you will be able to get a fare reduction after that date. If anyone has gotten one, please let me know so I can go back to NCL & CruisesOnly to fight this further! :rolleyes:

Archived