Check your cruise price

LakeErieLady

It may have something to do with how soon you are leaving ??? My cruise is not till Jan 08 so if they were not willing to credit us ... we had plenty of time to cancel and rebook with no penalty.

I think the problem may be with the TA. I would keep at it.

I don't know anything about the 75 day deadline. When I counted the days when I started my inquiry, I realized it was on day 75 that I did all this.

My last payment was due on July 16 and that is the day I called my TA. I had already made the final payment, but I had paid it early.

So, did I get in under the wire? I really don't know. My TA didn't mention that it was a good thing I did it that day since it would be my last chance to get a credit.

I just checked my credit card and I have been reimbursed the small amount I was due for the smaller Ins. charge.

So, in summary, I got a slight upgrade, already received credit from NCL for 271., received 32 from TA for the Ins.

If this was all because I called on the last possible day to receive this it'll be a first for me,:D usually I'm a day late on this sort of thing.:(

I'll try to see if I can find out more and I'll post it if I do.

I emailed customer service at cruisesonly to find out if the prices go down again, if I can get another credit and asked about the 75 day deadline. Cruisesonly answered me and said they called NCL and, although they didn't address whether it is possible to get more than one credit, they did state that there are no price adjustments after the date of the final payment that is due, which is usually 75 days from the cruise. So, it is true that after that there is no credit given. So, I guess for a major change, I happen to just contact my agent on the very last day that I could do this!!!!:D , what luck:D

And just to let everyone know, that if you have already made your final payment, but you paid it ahead of time like I did, they'll still give you credit since it goes by the 75 days, not whether or not you have made your final payment.

I think one of the reasons the cruise lines have this 75 day policy is so that you are not able to "cash in" on those late minute specials that sometimes are offered.

Quote from my NCL PCC:

Unfortunately, unless the lower prices are on our website or in our system, we can not match those lower prices or offer any credits. I will keep checking my system periodically to watch for any price drops if you would like.

I had my TA call again to see if the price dropped again and NCL told her that I already got one discount and upgrade in rooms and told her there's nothing they can do right now BUT when I board the ship, ask about free upgrade.

What I wanted was extra savings not just upgrade on the rooms so I'm happy with the credits I got and will stay with the rooms they gave me. :)

I emailed customer service at cruisesonly to find out if the prices go down again, if I can get another credit and asked about the 75 day deadline. Cruisesonly answered me and said they called NCL and, although they didn't address whether it is possible to get more than one credit, they did state that there are no price adjustments after the date of the final payment that is due, which is usually 75 days from the cruise. So, it is true that after that there is no credit given. So, I guess for a major change, I happen to just contact my agent on the very last day that I could do this!!!!:D , what luck:D

And just to let everyone know, that if you have already made your final payment, but you paid it ahead of time like I did, they'll still give you credit since it goes by the 75 days, not whether or not you have made your final payment.

I think one of the reasons the cruise lines have this 75 day policy is so that you are not able to "cash in" on those late minute specials that sometimes are offered.

My husband and I booked a 15 day RT from LA to Hawaii 2 1/2 weeks ago on the Diamond Princess. We recived our confirmation from Princess a few days later. I was checking the Princess site a few days ago and noticed a drop in price on the BC catagory we were booked in. I called my TA who called Princess and yesterday we got an updated booking confirmation that is $602.00 less than we had a little over 2 weeks ago! This pays for the flight that we booked ourselves! CHECK YOUR CRUISE LINE site frequently and if you have a TA they can make the call for you. OUr TA automatically checks for her clients prior to final payment, but she said she is going to start cheking sooner because this happen too frequently.

My husband and I booked a 15 day RT from LA to Hawaii 2 1/2 weeks ago on the Diamond Princess. We recived our confirmation from Princess a few days later. I was checking the Princess site a few days ago and noticed a drop in price on the BC catagory we were booked in. I called my TA who called Princess and yesterday we got an updated booking confirmation that is $602.00 less than we had a little over 2 weeks ago! This pays for the flight that we booked ourselves! CHECK YOUR CRUISE LINE site frequently and if you have a TA they can make the call for you. OUr TA automatically checks for her clients prior to final payment, but she said she is going to start cheking sooner because this happen too frequently.
I'm also booked for that cruise, oct-19 i checked the Princess site I'm paying lower price than that i don't think my is going any lower... Your either on the aloha, or baja deck thanks for the infor. what day are you going? Gloria

Archived