So all you air travel experts tell me this......

sassafrass

Do you think I am going to fly any air fare cheaper than $206 (airfare and taxes included) in February from KCI to Jax?
I don't know much about that route. But, paying under $200 going from anywhere that is cold into Florida during the winter would seem to be a real stretch anymore. (Unless you can fly out of Columbus OH on Skybus for $10 per person per way:eek: )

Personally, I'd take it.

Charlie

KCI=Kansas City (MCI), I assume?

I put in a February date at random (10-2-08) into Kayak, I got $80 one way fares with United; $82 with Delta, $100 on AirTran.

Paul

KCI=Kansas City (MCI), I assume?

I put in a February date at random (10-2-08) into Kayak, I got $80 one way fares with United; $82 with Delta, $100 on AirTran.

Paul

I just ran Feb 9-16 on Kayak and came up with the $202 quote that OP got.

Charlie

Unannounced Air Tran sale from FLL! Maybe it will be for other cities as well. This is for peak season, January, travel! Wow!

I get Air Tran's email notices and nothing came about this. I faithfully check the routes BWI to FLL or MIA & vice versa every day and there it was today - $55 from FLL to BWI. It's still $89 BWI to MIA so I don't think I'll book that leg yet. It's bound to go lower soon. Southwest hasn't released bookings for January 12th and beyond yet and they usually are $69 one way BWI to FLL. I prefer Air Tran to SW, but both cruises we booked SW one way and Air Tran the other!

Keep checking those fares! Air Tran will credit you within 4 hours of booking. It used to be they'd refund your $, but now only a credit. Still a good deal if you jump on it!

mdmon. And you don't think that is a good price? Again I ask, is oil going to drop to $30 per brl? I've usually found return flights from FLL and Mia are higher than going down. Hope you don't miss a good deal. Bus from Baltimore to Florida is twice as much and train almost 4 times.

Archived