Butler Service On HMC -- Worth It?

advocado

We have a cabana reserved (just the two of us) on HMC. It's the yellow one, down the way a bit. Can anyone comment on the butler service offered (for big $). Was it worth the extra money for the extra pampering? How was the food? Can you order all the tropical booze drinks you want? Is the butler available pretty much when you wanted? The additional fee is not the deal breaker, but I don't want to feel ripped off at the end of the day either -- especially if the BBQ looks better than what I've got on my plate.

Bottom line up front: it's absolutely worth it, and I would never go to HMC without a cabana and the butler service upgrade.

The food was great--a menu that you choose, prepared by the Pinnacle Grill chefs, as compared to standard family reunion-fare hamburgers and hot dogs. Yes, you can order all the alcoholic drinks of whatever variety you wish for free. The butler(s) will be at your beck and call all day long, standing by inobtrusively right next to your cabana. It's well worth the cost!

Here's the menu we chose from (with the butler service). You'll also have champagne with your lunch, as part of the butler package. The butlers will run and get you all the drinks. One of them is always with you while you are in the cabana.

Exotic Fruit Skewers

Mini Lobster Club Sandwich

Gazpacho

Choice of Brochette BBQ Jumbo Prawns (I had this and it was yummy), Brochette Citrus Chicken Breast, or 5oz. Cajun Sterling Filet Mognon

Choice of "Drunken Whale' Fresh Fruit in Myer's Rum, or Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Coulis (this was really quite tasty)

Archived