Suggestions for giving a 15 yr anniversary gift

Brewhaha

I suggest that you look into doing a renewal of vows ceremony. It may seem tacky but it's not that much so. When you enter your suite a bouquet of flowers will be waiting. The crew will have been advised and will do even more than usual to make your crew memorable.

What DH & I particularly enjoted about the ceremony was not the fact that the captain stayed with us for more than a half hour, nor the champagne and canapes that were served, but the fact that the string quartet played for us alone during the ceremony and for almost an hour afterward allowing us to dance by ourselves. They even asked us for our favourite tunes. That was the highlight of our last cruise. I'm sure your wife would love it especially as you could give her the ring during the vows ceremony.

Frankly, we found that this is one of HAL's best kept secrets. A dinner in the Pinnacle Grill is also included plus a certificate signed by the Master containing the wording.

However, no matter what you do decide to do, it will be the right choice. Your wife is a lucky woman for having a husband who is still in love with her and wants to do something special for their wedding anniversary, and I'm sure you are a lucky man for having a wife who can still make him feel that he wants to do something for her.

I'm speaking as a happy wife myself. Congratulations and do let us know what you've decided.

Sail on!

Give the ring to the Maitre d', before you sit down for your first formal night; (put a ribbon through the ring, he will hand one end of the ribbon to her (holding the ring in his palm) and hand you the other end of the ribbon (letting go of the ring, as it falls to the middle of the ribbon.)

You will then hold up your end of the ribbon as the ring gently floats into her hand......:D

How romantic is this??????? ;)

You are an amazing guy and we all love you for the thought.....please tell us what you did, upon your return!

Ahoy,

I would certainly recommend the ROV ceremony. We did one on a NCL ten years ago for our 25th and most recently in May on the Prinsendam for our 35th. For the $149 fee (internet gift package on the HAL site) you can't go wrong. I'm not sure where they perform the ceremony on the larger HAL ships or how many couples participate but I will tell you about the Prinsendam ceremony this past May:

1. One other couple and ourselves met in Captain Chris Turner's cabin for the actual cermenony that was scheduled @ 1930 hrs. on a sea day (I think it was a formal night but I don't remember). We brought along another couple that we had befriended while aboard (and I willingly paid the addtional $25/couple fee HAL charges for bringing along friends to the ceremony). So the total passenger count came to six.

2. The ceremony was performed in the captain's cabin, as stated, and those in attendance included the cruise director, assistant cd, hotel manager, beverage manager, organ player, ship photographer and 3 servers and a bartender.

3. Champagne was flowing but you did have the opportunity to order whatever high end drink you'd like from the captain's bar (I opted for double Wild Turkey's 101). Fancy canapes were served that included lot of caviar. The wedding cake was set up on a table filled with flowers.

4. It was a very intimate 'affair' with each couple going up to the podium seperately to repeat the captain's words followed by a cake cutting, etc.

5. The package also includes: fresh flowers for your room and a corsage for your bride, endless champagne, food as described, a dinner for two in the Pinnacle (which we did that night @ 2030 hrs.), a fairly sturdy album with copies of your vows, a signed certificate from the captain, and a half dozen or so color 5 X 8's that the photographer takes during the ceremony and reception.

Needless to say, I was quite impressed. Also, if you decide the ROV cermenony is for you they will have an invite awaiting in your stateroom addressed to your spouse. The surprised look and tears of joy that follow after your spouse opens the envelope make it more then worth it. I'm just starting to organize cruise pix on weekends when time permits. I did post some Prinsendam pix this past weekend with the thread subject being 5/07 Prinsendam pix or something like that. In those pix, somewhere in the middle, there should be a few pix of the ROV ceremony.

Regardless of whatever you decide HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage and Good Health,

Bob:)

Archived