If you were recently on the Sun...

Croozin'

Anything not already mentioned in previous posts that we should know about/pack? We're leaving on the Sun next Monday morning (3 more days of work to go, la la la la la la la...).

It is going to be a LONG day - we leave Perth at 12.50am, arrive in Sydney at 6.50am, taxi to the Wharf (any idea how much that costs or if there is another way?), leave our luggage there (I think we can?), go on the hunt for breakfast to eat and cans of Coke to take on board (thus have more money for cocktails - any tips on where we go nearby to find a pack?), get back to the Ship and wait to board (boarding time is at 12.30pm, how early should we get back to there?) and hop on and explore (do they provide lunch or should we take a snack?). And hopefully not crash from tiredness before the second seating of dinner.

Just a tad excited :)

Anything not already mentioned in previous posts that we should know about/pack? We're leaving on the Sun next Monday morning (3 more days of work to go' date=' la la la la la la la...).

It is going to be a LONG day - we leave Perth at 12.50am, arrive in Sydney at 6.50am, taxi to the Wharf (any idea how much that costs or if there is another way?), leave our luggage there (I think we can?), go on the hunt for breakfast to eat and cans of Coke to take on board (thus have more money for cocktails - any tips on where we go nearby to find a pack?), get back to the Ship and wait to board (boarding time is at 12.30pm, how early should we get back to there?) and hop on and explore (do they provide lunch or should we take a snack?). And hopefully not crash from tiredness before the second seating of dinner.

Just a tad excited :)[/quote']

Hi Croozin,

I have caught a taxi from the airport to Darling Harbour and it cost about $30, however it has been mentioned here that there is a P&O bus that picks up and takes directly to the wharf, perhaps someone on here can give more info. When we flew into Sydney a couple of months ago there was a P&O representative holding up a sign for passengers......

We checked our baggage in about 10am. There are plenty of eating places around,restaurants at King st wharf would do breakfast, there is a great pub across the rd from the wharf where all the cruisers will be having lunch and drinks before boarding, we find it's a great way to begin and meet people, just ask anyone for directions as to where it is!! Good pub prices too:D

Have a great time

Chez

xx

That is one long day for you Croozin'. We who live in Sydney and Brisvagas are so lucky.

Think most important things have been mentioned in previous threads i.e. Formal attire, extra cash for AWS, loo rolls, and egg cartons:rolleyes:

Dare say excitement will outdo your need for sleep, but if you can manage a sleep on the flight over, it would be a mighty fine idea.

Enjoy!

We dropped our bags at 11.30 and went for coffee. They said be back by 2pm. We got back at 2 and the lines were long. We could have stayed another half hour. When you check your bags in ask if the ship is on time. Ours arrived 4 hours late so the next lot didn't start loading until 4.30pm.

Plenty of places to eat. They put food out as soon as the first people board. Just go to the buffet.

I added the following to my list for cruising- post it notes- to leave a note for others as to where you are or where to meet etc. Stick them on the mirror.

For the Pacific Sun in particular I would bring warm clothes. The Atlantis lounge is freezing. Bring a jumper, jacket or shawl for the shows. I think because it's so big it doesn't heat up.

Have a great time.

I added the following to my list for cruising- post it notes- to leave a note for others as to where you are or where to meet etc. Stick them on the mirror.

Great idea re the post it notes!! Thanks! will put it on the list, although I think we might need more than one pack:rolleyes: might be helpful in reminding Geri where she is when she wakes up:D

Had a friend who wandered round the boat all day, just missing bingo, trivia etc, never seemed to catch up with anyone all day as they wern't where they had said they would be,thought she was having Groundhog day!! then realised she had forgotten to reset her watch:D

Chez

xx

Thanks for the replies. I've been wondering if I'll get too cold/too hot, so I'll make sure I pack some jackets. We're staying in Sydney a night and day afterwards before flying home, and from reading weather reports I'll need warm clothing for then anyway!

We've been shopping and bought some summer gear appropriate for traipsing across islands and lounging around in, so I hope I get to use them a little bit - got to make the money worth while!

I've also emailed the site about the airport shuttle - I put in our details and it just came up with 'we will be in contact' - not sure if that means we're booked and we look for them at the airport or if I wait for someone to call.

Thanks!

Archived