Tipping on QM2

Fred C

The tip is automatically deducted from your onboard account.

It is $11 per day and person in non Grill cabins and $13 in Grill cabins.

If you do not want this or were not satisfied you can ask the purser to remove the autotip from your account.

No further tipping is necessary.

This is perfectly correct, according to the brochure and all on board documents. There is a reference to further tipping being at the discretion of the passenger.

Having said that, a lot of people do feel that a personally given tip is something they wish to do. Almost all Americans seem to follow this "extra tipping" rule, very few Continentals do, and the British seem to fall in the middle.

Of course it is just a myth that the Scots all go down on the first morning, have the tips removed and leave it at that! ;) :D

Matthew

I'm glad you said "It's just a Myth". The Scots may be canny but there not cheap!

Actually we find the whole Automatic Wage Supplement (Australian for auto-tipping) a bit hit and myth.

What's all this about Queen's Barbie and non-Queen's Barbie, gentle posh cruisers? Does Cunard have classes still?

Confused prole here, interested in Cunard but would not sail under medieval conditions.

xx

The tip is automatically deducted from your onboard account.

It is $11 per day and person in non Grill cabins and $13 in Grill cabins.

If you do not want this or were not satisfied you can ask the purser to remove the autotip from your account.

The tip is added to your onboard account as stated above. They call it a "Service Charge" I believe and you can remove it if you unhappy with the service. This is pretty similar to other cruise lines. If you order from the bar a service charge will be added to the bill you sign.

Of course it is just a myth that the Scots all go down on the first morning, have the tips removed and leave it at that! ;) :D

Matthew

OMG my undercover early morning tippy toe to the Auto Turn Off Tip desk has been sprung:o.......lol...but as a Scot i'm not cheap...i only turn one of ours off:D....... cheers shiona

Actually we find the whole Automatic Wage Supplement (Australian for auto-tipping) a bit hit and myth.

What's all this about Queen's Barbie and non-Queen's Barbie, gentle posh cruisers? Does Cunard have classes still?

Confused prole here, interested in Cunard but would not sail under medieval conditions.

xx

Queens' Barbie is just a better barbie, with bigger tents to sleep in.

You can hit the best bars in town where ever you lay your head.

Matthew

Crikey up to $13 or is that 13 GBP per day per pax on Cunard, strewth cobbers, that is more than Princess want.

AND as Happyscot said you get told what food hall to eat in dependent on how much you fork out for your B&B. Going to be a challenge for me next year on QE2.

so this is where all the Aussies and our honarary (sp) Aussie "Happyscot" are. I reckon if I could afford to sail on the QE2 I'd be so happy I'd have a pocket full of money which I would happily shower upon any crew member who even smiled at me let alone provided any extra / required service. Lalalalala...skipping away dropping $100 notes in my wake...lalalalala :D

Its an Aussie Invasion on here again, the POM CUNARDERS are just waking up or having their english breakfast tea, crumets and Roses marmalade.

Strewth us colonials are stirrers.

Cheers.:)

Its an Aussie Invasion on here again, the POM CUNARDERS are just waking up or having their english breakfast tea, crumets and Roses marmalade.

Strewth us colonials are stirrers.

Cheers.:)

I think you'll find that most of us have coffee and croissants for breakfast these days.

AND as Happyscot said you get told what food hall to eat in dependent on how much you fork out for your B&B.

Surely if you're on B&B terms then you would be told that you don't belong in any of the restaurants?:p

POM CUNARDERS

Don't you mean the Yankee Carnivallers now?:p

are just waking up or having their english breakfast tea, crumets and Roses marmalade.

Crumets?:confused:

Any Marmalade would be Oxford. Also it's crumpets, with butter. Marmalade goes on toast.

What's wrong with crumpets (or pikelets as we call them on the right side of the Pennines:) ) with marmalade? Toasted cheese is also very nice.

If you've quite finished your repartee du petit dejeuner, there are yanks to upset on Princess. To work, brothers, to work. Ram the manparts! It is evident that these be-marmaladed Poms are so much harder to wind-up, what with their indecent politeness and vicious tolerance. Curse them and their built-upon flood plains!

Or, as we tend to say up North, "bloody English ponces. Little bit of water and they get all stirred up. Why, in the great Inverness blizzards of '43, the snow was so deep we could tickle St Peter's feet".

To work!

xxxx

If you've quite finished your repartee du petit dejeuner, there are yanks to upset on Princess.

No:mad: We haven't:mad: Food is always an important discussion topic:) (You might find that Celebrity take everything you say as a personal attack - have you tried Celebrity bating?)

It is evident that these be-marmaladed Poms are so much harder to wind-up, what with their indecent politeness and vicious tolerance.

Thank you. I'm sure that I speak for every true born Englishman when I say just how much we appreciate your compliment:D

I thought pikelets were little pancakes?? I know you have strange tastes up York way, but Marmalade and melted cheese:confused: Each to their own ducky!!!

They are like pancakes. Although if wonder if you're not confusing them with Drop Scones or Scotch Pancakes. Sweet but very nice with cheese (although not toasted). They often get confused with muffins that are quite different.

Are you in York itself? I was near there not long ago...Family in Harrogate.

Harrogate's about 15 minutes drive up the road.

What's wrong with crumpets (or pikelets as we call them on the right side of the Pennines:) ) with marmalade? Toasted cheese is also very nice.

Pikelets are not crumpets. Pikelets are like steamrollered crumpets. I liek cheese on crumpets too, not toasted though. I also like nutella on crumpets as a weekend treat! I do not actually like marmalde at all, that is why it is wrong on anything! Also Marmite is the devils food, I think it is made of melted brake dics and tyres.

Pikelets are not crumpets.

Oh yes they are (is it too early for the pantomime season to start?:D )

Pikelets are like steamrollered crumpets.

Pikelets or crumpets can be either thick or thin

Also Marmite is the devils food, I think it is made of melted brake dics and tyres.

You're probably right about the ingredients but it tastes wonderful:) Isn't there an Australian equivalent? It's supposed to taste vile:(

Archived