Help Me Decide !!!

Loviecld

Can you help- I am trying to decide which cruise to do next year. Either the NCL Dawn 7 day ( 3 days in Bermuda) or the Carnival Miracle 8 day ( PR, St. Thomas & Tortola) we have aleady been to the later on the Legend. Carnival is cheaper w/ one more day.

NCL Dawn is a great ship (have not been on it but my mother has) and she had nothing but great things to say about it. However I'm 43 going on 33 and she didn't think I would like NCL just yet and we've always had a great time on Carnival. So depending on what your looking for in the way of cruise mates, if Carnival is less expensive and gives you one more day whether it's at sea or port, I would go with Carnival.

I think you have to look at # cruises, where you've been and what you desire. I rarely book based on the ship. Itenerary is the most important thing to me. Funny thing my husband and I were just saying after coming home Sunday from cruise #6,(Glory) all to the carribean that we are now ready to look at some different "flavors" of cruising. We have been to alot of the ports, some twice and even 3 times.

First thing that came out of my mouth was Bermuda, we are over the facination with the ship and going from port to port. Im happy now to just use the ship as more of our floating hotel and really see a place.

So it really depends on what stage you are in...there is no dout one could be dissapointed with the Bermuda cruise if you really like the whole "cruising" concept.

We have always done 7days, I think I will be looking at some 5 day cruises and will no dout look at Hawaii (7d) with NCL or Bermuda. Time to expand the horizon some.

I wouldn't mind trying a new line myself, but A.) we're eligible for military or past guest discount on Carnival, so the price would be hard to beat, and B.) I don't cruise a WHOLE lot (once every 2-3 years), so for me to skip a year to go on another line would make it like 30 years to get to platinum status. Not that it's SUPER important, but if I'm going to spend the money on a vacation ANYWAY, I'd rather it go towards *something*.

I would do the Carnival. I have heard from many friends that have been to Bermuda and no one has been that impressed. Weather can be same as east coast. I have also been told Bermuda is expensive. So not only do you get the extra day from Carnival you may save some Money.

HEY USACOL, I saw that you are from VA and doing the cruise from Norfolk. My friends are getting on the 2 day to nowhere right after you. We are from Richmond, and like the idea of cruising from there, but to somewhere other than the Bahamas and Bermuda. Sure wish they would put a longer cruise like the Eastern CArib. on Miracle or something. Sure wish they would offer better pricing from there too!:eek:

As far as helping you choose which cruise, I go with Carnival unless the price can be beat. Like my mother paying and only wanting to cruise RCI!:D

8 days is better than 7 of course but the Dawn is an awesome ship and freestyle dining is something everyone should try. It isn't the favorite of each cruiser though it is gaining in popularity all the time.

As for the demographics, we all know Carnival has the youngest cruisers of all mass marketed lines, but NCL is probably not far behind. It is very popular with families. Will there be as much late night life? No, will you be bored? I don't think so.

Again, your choice should be based partly on how much activity you like,

NIta

Hi all- Thanks for all your comments- We have decided to go on the Miracle. My parents got a great military rate- $1500 less. WHOO HOO, they were happy. Was alittle upset though because we did not get the past guest discount. I dont understand that I thought it was a automatic discount. Can anybody explain how it works. When I asked Carnival they said they werent offering it yet.

Archived