pre cruise hotel in London question

Hello,

We are trying to book our pre-cruise London hotel ... we seem to have it narrowed down to Jury's Gt Russell St Inn and the Montcalm Nikko Deluxe Hotel .... any opinions on either of these? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Denice

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but although I've lived in London for almost 25 years I've never heard of either of these hotels. That doesn't mean to say that they don't exist or that they're bad, just that out of the many hundreds of hotels in London they're probably not well known. They certainly don't come up on CC very often. So you may strike lucky and find someone who's stayed at one or other; but you may not.

Have you tried the main site of CC's new parent: http://www.tripadvisor.com?

Both the Niko and Jury's Inn are very good hotels, well above average 4 star hotels. I think you would be happy in either.

If both are available to you at the same rate, the Niko is arguably the slightly better hotel, it is more intimate whilst Jury's is very much a chain hotel.

In terms of position both are very good. The Jury's is arguably slightly better sited in Bloomsbury, close to the British Museum and within walking distance of the West End theatre district around Leicester Square and Covent Garden, 15 minutes to Trafalgar Sqaure and onto Westminster, Buckingham Palace area.

The Niko is off Marble Arch at the western end of Oxford Street, London's main general shopping street. Apart from Oxford Street and Hyde Park you will need to get the Underground to go anywhere else.

Hi:

Crusing on the Navigator of the Sea on Aug 11 for 14 days.

Just booked 6 days for 3 people on Aug 25, 2007 at the Holidays Inn Kensington Forum thru Hotwire.com GREAT deal, only US$200, plus 17% for tax. Just click the 3 1/2 star choice and compare the members rating to the tripadvisor site and you can pretty much figure out which hotel it is they are offering. I am just so happy with the booking because it's even $20 lbs cheaper than the Luna & Simone, which really is a B&B without airconditioning. Remember you must prepay everything before they'll tell you which hotel it is in the neighbourhood you want, and I had it narrowed down to Kensington or Marble Arch or Mayfair. Actually the Mayfair (run by Radisson) has a pretty good deal $200lbs fon their site for a suite, 5 star establishment and all that, close to the palace. Good Luck, Stampede

1988 S.S Azure Sea

1998 Norweigen Wind'

2000 Carnival Inspiration

2004 Princess Royal Princess (Fairwell world cruise)

2005 Holland America Zueiderdam

2006 Hallnad American Oosterdam

2007 Norweigen Pride of Aloha

Archived