Restaurants in Quebec??

I am inquiring for our CC group, arriving precruise in Quebec in October. We are looking for suggestions for a restaurant for our group to meet for dinner. We prefer casual (after a day of traveling for many) and probably $$ pricewise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Carole

Excellent quality. Great value. Check these addresses:

Le Cochon Dingue: 3 locations, in old town (very close to Place Royale), on boul St-Cyrille (close to Cartier st) and on Maguire st (in the Sillery suburb).

Cosmos: 2 locations, on Grande-Allée, beside Loews Le Concorde hotel and on boul. Laurier (in the Ste-Foy suburb)

Entrecôte St-Jean, on rue St-Jean. For the steak frites lover.

Les Anciens Canadiens, on rue St-Louis close to Château Frontenac. Classical Québec fare. Great early bird deals.

There are many little restaurants and bistros on rue St-Paul, specially Le Buffet de l'Antiquaire. A very small place. Very typical. Very cheap (less than 10$). Never mind the décor. Cuisine is hearty and not fancy at all. It's favored by locals and visitors as well

Seconding Aux Anciens Canadien:) .... love love loves this place.. Quebecois food and a great fixed price menu that gives you a wonderful selection in each course.. A tip: depending on what time of day the luncheon menu (served I "think" till 4:00) has about the same things as dinner for nearly 1/2 the price.. the building is one of the oldest in the old city. We eat here at least twice every time we go.. We also like La Lapine (I think it is - it's the French word for "rabbit") in the Lower Town. For breakfast/brunch there are some excellent creperies as well.

• 2 months later...
Seconding Aux Anciens Canadien:) .... love love loves this place.. Quebecois food and a great fixed price menu that gives you a wonderful selection in each course.. A tip: depending on what time of day the luncheon menu (served I "think" till 4:00) has about the same things as dinner for nearly 1/2 the price.. the building is one of the oldest in the old city. We eat here at least twice every time we go.. We also like La Lapine (I think it is - it's the French word for "rabbit") in the Lower Town. For breakfast/brunch there are some excellent creperies as well.

I will third this recommendation of Aux Anciens Canadien . . . possibly the best onion soup gratinee I have ever had. You might also want to try their "ice" wine . . . absolutely as an after dinner dessert wine. The restaurant bistro in the Auberge du Tesor hotel (21 rooms) is very good. I especially enjoyed their ham and cheese on a croissant with Caesar Salad. The salad was unbelievably delicious, and the croissants just like in Paris. Lots of parks and places to rest on the street (benches). On Sunday afternoon there is street entertainment in the park near the Funiculaire. I really loved Quebec. Sam

Archived