Weigh-in Aug. 19

Cruise Miriam

Yippeeee, I'm down 1.5 more pounds for a total of 27 pound. This is just so exciting. The next couple of days will be difficult because we are taking our youngest son to college. He's going to East Carolina University. So we will be going out for meals for the next two days and then going right into the weekend. I also went shopping last night for some new clothes for work and got some great deals. I couldn't believe I was finally able to buy in the Misses dept instead of the Women's. It was such a wonderful feeling and great motivator. Hope everyone else has success. Janet

I am down a pound this week too. This puts me 2 lbs from my Labor Day challenge goal.

Way to go Janet. I recently left the women's department too! It is the best feeling. Now I actually enjoy shopping, maybe too much. ;) What I did with eating out, was make a list. It is a very long list of places to eat out and the menu items I can eat. I went to CalorieKing and spent a lot of time researching this and it has really helped me make good dining choices. I really can eat at most fast food places and chain restaurants. Good luck.

Angie

First things first....JANET & ANGIE - WAY TO GO!!! I'm sooo happy for both of you! :D I remember how it felt to be able to shop in the Misses dept. again. It is sooooo exhilarating!

It is a MIRACLE, but I have managed to lose one whole pound this week. Don't ask me how I did it cause I was BAD over the weekend AND I didn't exercise all week. I guess it was my powerful will to force myself to lose weight. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone! What a great job you are all doing!!

I was on vacation (no cruise, :( I was at the beach :cool: ) last week so I missed weigh-in. I did weigh myself on Sunday morning after I got home and was up 1 lb. Today I am down that pound plus another, which makes it a 1 lb. loss from 2 weeks ago!

I know what you all mean about being able to shop in the misses dept. I can do the same thing now and what a great feeling that is!

Keep up the hard work, it is so worth it!! Remember, good things come to those who wait!

Ginny :)

I didn't post last week either due to Charley, although I did weigh myself Thursday AM. I'm down 2 pounds today from last week, though! Total of 28 pounds since Feb. 16!

I put on a pair of shorts that I had bought in April this morning and they are so big that they look like clown pants! After today they will become part of my "fat clothes" pile! :D

Congratualtions to all you losers! Beth, hang in there!

Lynn

Down 1 pound this week. Only 18 more to go to reach my December goal of 38 pounds. Hopefully, I can make it a nice round number and be down 40 by the time we sail Dec 2.

Great job everyone, even the ones who have stayed the same or gained a little. We are all trying!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! It's still a hectic month for me. I wish I had time to participate in the other threads, but I always look forward to reading and sharing here in the weigh-in on Thursday. :) Your successes and enthusiasm are contagious! :D

I can hardly wait to get out of the women's department and start shopping in misses again!!! It's been, let me think...a good 16-17 years since I was able to do that! I will be sooo glad to be able to actually enjoy the mall once again. Long way to go...but I CAN DO IT...many of you are living proof! ;) It won't be much longer and I can start my "fat clothes" pile too...woohoo!

I've *finally* found my WOE...The Zone by Dr. Sears. I had great success with it in the past...I lost 34 pounds last late summer. My only problem is, STICKING WITH IT FOR LIFE! Man, that is so hard. As of today, I reached my goal of being back where I was after losing all that weight last year...and today, I DID IT!!! :D Now it's only down, down, down from here.

This week I lost another 4 pounds for a total loss of 15 pounds since July 19. My next mini-goal is to get to the weight I was when I got pregnant with my almost 5-year old. 18 pounds to go to get there and my goal date is October 1. I'm Zoning, drinking tons of water, and walking just about every evening. Also trying to stay up, active, busy during the day instead of sitting on my hiney. I have fibromyalgia, which is flared bad today, so that's a challenge sometimes.

Anyway, enough from me! Just had to share my joy with you all! Have a GREAT week!

:) Shauna

Congrats to all you loosers, that is GREAT!!! I too lost 1.5 pounds this week. That is a total of 44.5 pounds since January. I definitely can relate to Janet and Angie. I started this wearing 18 to 20 womens petites I now wear a 10 petite. It is such a thrill to go shopping and have clothes actually fit and look good. I still want to loose at least 13 more pounds by November 1st.

I honestly think the key to this whole weight loss is Exercise, moderate eating, exercise, watching you calorie intake, exercise, drinking lots of water and exercise. I think the older we get speaking only for myself (almost 50):eek: our metablolism slows down so much that even if we consume small amount of calories when can still gain weight. The key is to get that metabolism going and the best way is exercise. I honestly do not believe there is a magic pill out there that can make us loose weight. It just take determination.

Good work everyone and to those who have gained or stained the same keep at it you can do it.

I too will have a challenging weekend with out much of a chance to exercise due to traveling and going to my husbands Uncles 80th B-Day party. So lots of good food and champagne.

OK Sheila please decsribe a Fried Milky Way?????

I saw them making Fried Milky Ways on a show DH was watching the other night. (I don't know why he's always watch FOOD shows. :rolleyes: ) Anyway, they put the candy bar on a stick and then dip it in batter and then deep fry it. Tami mentioned on another thread that she has eaten one before and they are MAV-elous! I'm sure they are good, but I don't know if I could eat one. I'd sit there and think about all of the fat I was putting in my mouth. :eek:

Ok then as I read If you choose to weigh weekly then it is Thursday Weigh in Day is that right ?

I will join you on next Thursdays weigh in. My Goal is 2 lbs for the week. I go back to work on Wed. and there is Always sooooo much food. Someone mentioned (sorry I will try and learn everyones names)the Calorie King Fat and Carb book. I love that because it has lots of restaurant chains and Fast food places in it. So if you do decide to have an order of Fries you will know exactly how much you are eating. Most of you probably know about the web site http://www.CalorieKing.com.

My Favorite Weight Watcher Motto is.... Nothing Tastes Better Than Thin Feels. I love what it says But OMG sometimes I try to remember it and my mind just goes blank. Perhaps a Tatoo :)

Have a Super Thursday :)

Joanne

Joanne - No pressure on whether you want to share in the "weigh-in" or not! Feel free to post your loss next week, and the week after, and the week after, and the week after........ :D Weighing in helps me stay honest anyway.

I have the Calorie King book too and it's great to carry along. I also use fitday.com.

Lynn

PS - OK, enough of the Milky Way talk! :mad:

Hi everyone! Down 1/2..for me that is good news!

Fried Milky ways????? I don't think so. I like a plain Milky way or snickers or mars bar. By the way 3 musketeers are the least fattening! I haven't bought a candy bar in years...much too dangerous! But I buy my TCBY with Score.

Archived