Sorry, I know it has been asked a !000 times!!

delmar60

I had thought that there was a time designated for families with young children in the specialty restaurants -- something like before 6:30.

Personally, I look forward to potentially ruining someone's meal in the near future. Our 10-month old has attended 2-hour meals with us, and never caused a problem. Though some patrons do get upset because our little one steals the attention of the servers.

Seriously though, I like to think those with children are respectful enough to understand their childrens' limits, and to remove a child from a situation when appropriate. I have had my meal ruined by far more obnoxious adults than unruly children.

I

Seriously though, I like to think those with children are respectful enough to understand their childrens' limits, and to remove a child from a situation when appropriate. I have had my meal ruined by far more obnoxious adults than unruly children.

If only that were true and it may be for many parents but not for all of them.

If I go to a family friendly restaurant, I can't complain too much about noisy kids who run around the restaurant even though the parents should have some control of them - or strangle them, which is easier.

However, if I go to an upscale restaurant where the atmosphere is as important as the meal, I have the right to expect no kids who are behaving as kids. It is not the kids fault, it is the parent's fault. At age 5 or 6, a child should be able to behave at a good restaurant although it is really a waste of money to bring them there. At age 2 or 3, however, kids will be kids.

So, spare yourself the embarrassment of me going to the headwaiter and making a comment about your misbehaving kids (if they do misbehave) and take them to the family friendly restaurants on the ship.

Needless to say, I expect to be flamed by a whole bunch of parents who say that their kids are perfectly angelic and I am an old grouch. So be it.

Archived