Romance Package

I am thinking of purchasing the Romance Package ($125) for our upcomming trip on the Explorer July 29, I am so excited I can't sleep. Anyway...Has anyone purchased this. Is it worth it? What is inculded in the Breakfast in Bed???? :rolleyes:

If you want to, do it. But, you can order breakfast from room service--it's included in your fare! (Unless you are in a suite with a real dining table, eating in-room is messy, at best!)

I can think of tons of things to spend $125.00 on besides a "Romance Package"! Isn't the cruise romantic enough?

While I probably would not have purchased the Romance Package myself, we greatly enjoyed it as it was a gift to us from my office (the cruise was our honeymoon). They actually got the grand romance package for us. The champagne was nice (we aren't huge champange drinkers) and the strawberries are very good. The options for breakfast are a little limited (I think there were three choices) but they are better than what is on the room service menu (southwestern omelet, french toast and something that had smoked salmon and caviar...and before anyone says something, we tried to write in things on the room service menu and got a call back each time telling us no). In our package we also got robes (which I am still wearing at home) and chocolate covered strawberries and canapes on each formal night (the canapes were kind of blah). If you are excited about it, go for it as we enjoyed it, but the value for us isn't worth the price.

we had one of these 2 yrs ago. It was a nice touch but a bit of a waste in my opinion. The champagne was nice as were the chocolate strawberries and the canapes on the formal nights but to be honest we were in too much of rush to get out of the cabin and experience the atmosphere on board the ship on those nights to fully enjoy them. The best part of it for us was the formal photograph and frame but we usually have those taken anyway so it wasnt that special.

Archived