Ecstasy Recently????

CruzFamleof6

:eek: I am thinking about this cruise out of Galveston in January for our family...we have done 2 RCI cruises from Galveston and have been very pleased.....

We are thinking about trying the Ecstasy as our first Carnival Cruise...has anyone been on this cruise in the past 2-6 months and give me an update on pros and cons? We have 4 kids.....ages 16, 14, 9 & 4.

I would love to know about kid's activities, FOOD, rooms...anything that can help!

Just on this ship in May, had a great time! The cabins have all been re-done and look much nicer. I loved the ship, and look forward to another long weekend on her soon!

There's an Ecstasy Tips thread somewhere around here. It usually stays on the first page or close to it, I'd read through that one for some more info.

Great thanks! What is this Saints and Sinner & Fantasy Fugitives?:confused:

They're just the names of CC group cruises, anyone's welcome to join! S&S 3 is doing the Liberty this October, and S&S 4 is a B2B on the Imagination next October. Fantasy Fugitives is on the Fantasy in May.

I did Ecstasy last fall and have her booked for 1/26/08, rates are already popping up. Pricing looks crazy now to me, a OV is only $20 more than a 4A which is $20 more than IS or 1A which are both priced the same.

Carnival must be trying to sell OVs on my date.

You didn't say which rc ship you sailed on.... was it the Rhapsody? We have been on each ship twice, and as far as all the ships we have been on, Ecstasy is my favorite..... It is smaller than the Rhapsody, but I prefer the colors and the personnel have been great each time we have been!!!!! In my opinion, you can't go wrong on the Ecstasy!!!

You didn't say which rc ship you sailed on.... was it the Rhapsody? We have been on each ship twice, and as far as all the ships we have been on, Ecstasy is my favorite..... It is smaller than the Rhapsody, but I prefer the colors and the personnel have been great each time we have been!!!!! In my opinion, you can't go wrong on the Ecstasy!!!

We have been on the Splendor of the Seas and we loved it....been on it twice.....

We are going on the AOS in three weeks and was curious about the Ecstacy and Conquest since they go out of Galveston and RCI has pulled out of Galveston....:eek: with the exception of VOS starting in NOVEMBER....but the prices are really high, IMO....

We did a 5 day in June and had a great time. The crew on this ship is the most personable of any we have been on.

There seemed to be plenty of activities for the younger kids (ours are older, so can't speak from direct experience). We took two 14 year olds and two 18 year olds. The only problem was with the 14 year olds during the evening (after the shows). They were too young to go to the teen club (15-17) but felt like the activities for the 11-14 group were too childish. That being said, they made some friends to hang out with and both had a great time.

We would definitely do this ship again. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

Bryan

This is great info! Especially with the kids...I do like how RCI groups the ages of the kids in their programs...they really narrow it down and get the activites right, with that said, my kids liked just doing their own thing, too.

I would love to hear some more good experiences about the Ecstacy.....I would also like to know if those that have sailed her have been on a RCI cruise and how they compared!:rolleyes:

This is great info! Especially with the kids...I do like how RCI groups the ages of the kids in their programs...they really narrow it down and get the activites right, with that said, my kids liked just doing their own thing, too.

I would love to hear some more good experiences about the Ecstacy.....I would also like to know if those that have sailed her have been on a RCI cruise and how they compared!:rolleyes:

I have never sailed RCI, but we just got back today from the 5 night on Ecstasy out of Galveston. It was my DH, my 12 yo daughter and my 17 yo son. We all had a BLAST! The crew is incredible. I give Captain Scala a lot of credit as he seems to bring out the best in his crew.

My kids didn't do any activities at all with their age groups. They hung out together and did their own thing, and we did a lot together as a family. My 17 yo likes Rock and Roll (the same kind I like!!!) and Club O2 seemed all disco, which he really can't stand! The 11-14 yo group always appeared to be a small group of mostly younger boys. Didn't interest my daughter at all. But, from what I could tell, Club Carnival was very popular with the 10 and unders!

This was my 3rd cruise (1 on Princess, and 2 on Carnival), my husbands 2nd (both Carnival) and the kids first. We are all ready to go again. I just wish we could sail Ecstasy out of Galveston, but do different ports, (for variety)! We LOVE this ship and we love the crew! I highly reccomend it!:D

I have never sailed RCI, but we just got back today from the 5 night on Ecstasy out of Galveston. It was my DH, my 12 yo daughter and my 17 yo son. We all had a BLAST! The crew is incredible. I give Captain Scala a lot of credit as he seems to bring out the best in his crew.

My kids didn't do any activities at all with their age groups. They hung out together and did their own thing, and we did a lot together as a family. My 17 yo likes Rock and Roll (the same kind I like!!!) and Club O2 seemed all disco, which he really can't stand! The 11-14 yo group always appeared to be a small group of mostly younger boys. Didn't interest my daughter at all. But, from what I could tell, Club Carnival was very popular with the 10 and unders!

This was my 3rd cruise (1 on Princess, and 2 on Carnival), my husbands 2nd (both Carnival) and the kids first. We are all ready to go again. I just wish we could sail Ecstasy out of Galveston, but do different ports, (for variety)! We LOVE this ship and we love the crew! I highly reccomend it!:D

Thank you so much for the GREAT info!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience!:)

Iv been on both the Ecstasy and the Rhapsody and like the food better on the Ecstasy. The deli sandwiches are wonderfull and they had the best pizza so far of any ship Iv been on. The beds seemed better too. Iv been on Princess with the new mattresses which should be the same but Ecstasy was just so comfortable. Iv also been on Rhapsody since the refurb and both have good points and bad points.

I thought the Rhapsody was prettier and loved sitting in the Centrum, but food was available to go snatch more hours on the Ecstasy. People on RCI said well you could call room service, I just dont like waiting around, I like to grab and go when Im hungry for a snack.

We just got off her July 9th, took the 4 day this time. Great ship great weather, Room service was great. We were full but you never would have guessed there were so many kids. Waiters were great in Windstar. Our first cruise was on the Elation and she will always be our Favorite, however we are going out Jan.6th on the Voyager so from what our friends tell us we are going to be throwing rocks at the past cruses after the Voyager. You will love the Ecstasy she is pure fun.

My family and I have cruised both Carnival and RCI out of Galveston and while my kids did not complain about either, they seemed to enjoy Carnival the most! DS is 12 and DD is 8. DS would check himself in and out of activities that interested him and ran around with friends he met the rest of the time. DD enjoyed the camp on both ships, but she's excited about getting to use the waterslide this time as she was too small b4. As for the food and activities, Carnival wins hands down! RCI is a more 'classy' ship, but food and activities are made less available. Carnival is more 'laid back' and there's a bigger variety of things to do and the food variety is a hit with the kids...especially the pizza! We are cruising on the Ecstasy in two weeks with 5 other families with kids the same ages...so I'm not worried about the kids complaining about being bored, or "I'm hungry" for at least 5 days!!!:D :D :D

Good luck with your decision, but as long as your family enjoys a laid back, fun atmosphere....you can't go wrong with Carnival! (I should get a free cruise with all these kudos, huh?)

p.s. This will be my 3rd time on the Ecstasy!!:cool:

Do the 5 day not the 4 day (knot enough time)...

Food was good last summer.

Rooms are in good shape post DryDock...

Kiddos will have mixxed results just depends on how many other kiddos are onboard during that span and how much your depending on Kids Camp to entertain them.....But with your span I would think that will knot matter...

One word though the GULF is rough in January so keep that in mind.....

John

I love the Ecstasy, it is the ship I have been on the most and will be going for the 4th time in October. Can't answer the kid question, because this is the ship I take when leaving the kids home w/ Grandma and Grandpa :)

The ship is very bright, with a Las Vegas neon light kind of feel. Some hate that, I personally like it as it represents an energy to me! Smaller ship, so very easy to get around. Food and staff have always been great. New bedding and Flat screen tv's in every cabin. No complaints from me!!

I like the Ecstasy so much that I've just come off of my 7th cruise on her! Next cruise (September), I'll be PLATINUM...and back on the Ecstasy!

I've sailed her in January, March, July, September, and October during the last two years. I've only felt real movement in March of 2005, even January 2007 was smooth sailing!

As I said in my review:

I think the key is the new Captain who came aboard in mid-May and will be aboard (except for vacations) for another year and a half.

A 12 year Captain for Carnival Cruise Lines...I think he's sailed the Spirit and Legend, and I don't know what else...Captain Pier Paolo Scala is a jewel! The most visible of any Captain on any line I've cruised with, Captain Scala was all over the ship. He was in the elevators, hosted a cigar session nightly on the Lido deck, a Q & A two afternoons in one of the lounges where passengers asked him anything they wanted to ask, dealt the finals for the Blackjack Tournament, and graciously stopped for photographs with passengers who asked him. His lovely wife, Chloe, is the Hotel Director for the Ecstasy...and for now, also Head of Food and Beverage until the new person shows up onboard in August.

The atmosphere onboard is a direct result of the care and concern and RESPECT the staff receives from Captain and Mrs. Scala.

Now...don't tell anyone else so we can keep the Ecstasy and her superb staff for ourselves! :D

My family and I have cruised both Carnival and RCI out of Galveston and while my kids did not complain about either, they seemed to enjoy Carnival the most! DS is 12 and DD is 8. DS would check himself in and out of activities that interested him and ran around with friends he met the rest of the time. DD enjoyed the camp on both ships, but she's excited about getting to use the waterslide this time as she was too small b4. As for the food and activities, Carnival wins hands down! RCI is a more 'classy' ship, but food and activities are made less available. Carnival is more 'laid back' and there's a bigger variety of things to do and the food variety is a hit with the kids...especially the pizza! We are cruising on the Ecstasy in two weeks with 5 other families with kids the same ages...so I'm not worried about the kids complaining about being bored, or "I'm hungry" for at least 5 days!!!:D :D :D

Good luck with your decision, but as long as your family enjoys a laid back, fun atmosphere....you can't go wrong with Carnival! (I should get a free cruise with all these kudos, huh?)

p.s. This will be my 3rd time on the Ecstasy!!:cool:

YES YOU SHOULD...get a free cruise....lol!

I think we are going to have to give it a whirl! Everyone has said so many good things!:D

CruzFamleof6...I'm excited for you guys! Report back and let us know how it went! Remember though...any day cruisin' is better than every day of workin'!!!;)

P.S. I'll report back in when we get back from our cruise in August!

Ecstasy was our first Carnival Cruise. Ship was great, but the decor really got to me. Too much neon for my taste. Rooms were good and the crew is extremely personable. Capt. Scala is held in very high esteem by the crew as he has worked his way up the food chain there according to what I was told by one of the DJ's who happened to sit and chat for a few minutes. Can't speak for kids activities, but food was good and they had plenty of events going on.

-D

Archived