Ashford to Dover

Mostly such a question comes from someone who is using the Eurostar train from Paris or Brussels and stop at

Ashford International (Kent)

From there it's less than 30 minutes to take the train to Dover Priory:

http://southeastern.go-cms.co.uk/content/doc/pdf/timetables/timetable_52.pdf

Other cruisers used a taxi for about 20-25 GBP.

It's about 25 miles.

If you are travelling with more than one the taxi might be a good alternative as Dover Priory to Dover Cruise Terminal at Western Docks is too far to walk (20-30 minutes) especially with baggage.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We took a taxi from Ashford to Dover. We had a lot of luggage and figured we needed to take a taxi from Priory to the Docks anyway. The driver was great. Gave us a nice little tour along the way.

• 4 weeks later...

If our cruise disembarks in Dover, is it advisable to pre-arrange a taxi to Ashford, or are there plenty waiting ?

From Ashford, would we be able to board the Eurostar and go directly to Paris? Are they planning on doing away with Ashford station before the end of next July? Then would we have to take a taxi all the way back to London and board the Eurostar there?

Someone mentioned getting to calais, but I am not clear on that. Sounds like going back to London might be the simplest.

Has anyone taken the Eurostar right after disembarking form their cruise in Dover?

If our cruise disembarks in Dover, is it advisable to pre-arrange a taxi to Ashford, or are there plenty waiting ?

When we arrived with the NORWEGIAN DREAM there was plenty waiting.

From Ashford, would we be able to board the Eurostar and go directly to Paris?

Yes - four times a day.

Are they planning on doing away with Ashford station before the end of next July?

As told - Ashford will not be closed but only served according to actual plannings four times a day.

But until July 2008 a lot of changes can happen. So DO NOT ASK earlier than April 2008 for further developement!!!

Then would we have to take a taxi all the way back to London and board the Eurostar there?

In this case I would maybe use the ferry to Calais and go there on the train...

Someone mentioned getting to calais, but I am not clear on that. Sounds like going back to London might be the simplest.

The problem: The Eurostar moves its operation to St. Pancras Station while the trains from Dover arrive in Waterloo. So there you'll have one additional transfer.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Are they planning on doing away with Ashford station before the end of next July? Then would we have to take a taxi all the way back to London and board the Eurostar there?
I did some reseach for you when answering your questions in your earlier thread - see this post and this post. I'm not sure why you think the answers might have changed already. As HeinBloed says, nothing is guaranteed - but the fact that a timetable has been published that runs up to July 2008 should give you some comfort.

And Ebbsfleet is the new station in Kent, as already stated - times for that station are also in the timetable linked to in my earlier posts.

Archived