Laptop at the pool

kimba_99

Laptop at the Pool... Yeah it's OK or No, that is just rude!  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Laptop at the Pool... Yeah it's OK or No, that is just rude!

• Yes, this is OK
    • No, that is just rude!
    • Don't care, no opinion

Frankly...its your vacation and you should spend it anyway you choose....

However...it seems we are forgetting how to "relax" on a vacation. We're now bring laptops, cell phones, DVDs, MP3s, walkie-talkies..etc. Do we have to be "electronically" amused or connected ALL the time? A vacation should be to get away from all that. Doesn't anyone just stand at the aft of the ship, holding hands and watching the ship's wake? ... A stroll around the deck at sunset? I guess I'm getting old.....but THAT is what I want MY vacation to be about. I listen to enough buzzing...bleeping...binging and ringing at work and at home. "Disconnect" yourselves for a few days!!

Soapbox closed!

Deb

Frankly...its your vacation and you should spend it anyway you choose....

However... Doesn't anyone just stand at the aft of the ship, holding hands and watching the ship's wake? ... A stroll around the deck at sunset?

Deb

Of course they do, in the movies!!!! (Titanic anyone):p :p

Seriously, as long as your wearing headphones, who cares. I would make one suggestion. When watching a movie in a public place, try to make sure the movie doesn't contain too many 'indecent' scenes. I could care less, but that family with small kids sitting next to you may not like it if you're watching Eyes Wide Shut. JMHO.

Squeeky, my digital camera shoots in the 12 mega-pixel RAW format. I often display and sell my work. Those compact flash cards for this camera are in the 2-4 gb range, with the 4 gb chips going for over a 1,000. a pop. I wish I could afford the extra bucks to buy a pile of these memory chips. The camera also needs tweaking for color balance which is best done with a laptop. I also use the laptop to burn DVDs to back-up my valuable files.

John

Squeeky, my digital camera shoots in the 12 mega-pixel RAW format. I often display and sell my work. Those compact flash cards for this camera are in the 2-4 gb range, with the 4 gb chips going for over a 1,000. a pop. I wish I could afford the extra bucks to buy a pile of these memory chips. The camera also needs tweaking for color balance which is best done with a laptop. I also use the laptop to burn DVDs to back-up my valuable files.

John

John you are an avid photographer that obviously loves taking and processing photos. For you to leave your laptop at home would be like me leaving my makeup at home. Oh my what a terrible thought LOL

We bring our laptop on all our cruises. It is wonderful to hook up in the stateroom and listen to our favorite tunes.

Normally, we are too busy to enjoy a movie on the laptop. If it makes your hubby happy - take it. The only thing that will happen is that you won't use it.

Kodiac :)

If I saw him watching a movie on his laptop I would be terribly jealous! I really wanted to buy one to bring on my upcoming cruise (I need a new computer anyway), but final payment pretty much wiped out my budget.

I only like to sit in the shade, so the sunlight wouldn't be an issue for me.

Wow.. thanks to all for your opinions and remarks.

Primary purpose of bringing the laptop is to download pics and video, our camera can take up to nine minutes of video and three memory cards just isn't enough for him to do this. AND we will be on a 14 night cruise and there will be times where he will not want to do stuff that I want to do...

Once again thanks heaps, :)

Kim

I am leavin the laptop at home.. I want to enjoy the ship and the ports of call. I will be bringing the digital camera.. 2 35 mm and one cam corder.. remember those? I can shoot hours of video for under 8.00 for the cost of tapes, that way I do not take up memory cards on the digital, I leave that for the snapshots

If one really can not see a movie under the sun on a laptop, how can one effectively edit photos? I would not be able to, I was looking at extra memory cards the other day.. not that expensive and a lot easier to carry.

Archived