Room Choice on The Mariner

You and I posted at the same time before.:) We have 9620 on the Mariner next June. We had 1688 this past June and loved it. Huge balcony, very quiet, nice size cabin. We would have taken that again in a heartbeat but it is already booked. 9620 was available so we will give that a shot. I am a little concerned about hallway noise since we had no hallway traffic back where we were. The location will be nice though the walk to aft never was an issue either.

We're booked in 1688 on the July 13 cruise, I'm sooooooooooo excited!:)

Hello everyone. I had to respond. We were actually in # 8620 middle of the hump, Mariner in January (western carib). The balcony was great but not big enough for all that furniture. I was a little disappointed but it was ok because this was our first balcony! Two chairs and a table was all the room you have. You will love it anyway. The Mariner is a great ship!! Have a great time.

We have 1388 aft corner starboard side for the Mariner debut on the west coast.....anyone have experience with that one???

If you haven't seen this website yet you should look at this page. It has lots of photos of 1388.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/albums/cabins/aftbalconies/13881688/html/13881688FR.html

Imcpark - guess someone "over-estimated" the size of the balcony for Mariner cabin 8620. Sounds like the folks who had before were exaggerating a wee bit, by about the space of a lounger or two!

Just as long as my cabinmate and I each have room to sit down, read a book and watch the ocean go by without rubbing elbows and knees, we'll be happy cruisers!

Cindy

Just found my booking information from my last sailing on this lovely ship and found out that last time I was on the other side. Hope I can get it changed. If not the view will still be great...beats the view of my office any day! LOL! Can not wait to get back on this ship...

100_0335.jpg.245b6813166f1a0afe257b9dc53ec1d3.jpg

100_0316.jpg.18a1dc7451baff33d4aaa98171addc9f.jpg

100_0340.jpg.8a12ee19b4c1ba61ec852c5d6eeeff54.jpg

100_0295.jpg.d1044fc0f20a48ac7e8ca7fcdc7d6565.jpg

100_0300.jpg.35a5044dee67b6ffb137bd03a91054e6.jpg

We just booked 8630 for the Mariner's debut on the west coast. It's a port side D2 balcony and we booked it for the location, i.e., proximity to the elevators and only one flight from the CL. This will be our first time on the Mariner.:)

We are currently at 7292 and 7293 for my family of five. We picked this because it was in the middle of the promenade and we thought we would see the parade better. Would it be better to scoot closer to the humps and be near the elevators or even go down to the sixth deck so we can take the stairs easily to get to the promenade? I was concerned about noise on the 6th deck or elevators, but it doesn't sound like that's an issue.

When I was on the Mariner.We were in7388 aft you get side view and back. The balcony is huge,also 7688.I have pictures if you want me to send them. The cabin stewart said its the biggest on the ship.hope this helps.

We are currently at 7292 and 7293 for my family of five. We picked this because it was in the middle of the promenade and we thought we would see the parade better. Would it be better to scoot closer to the humps and be near the elevators or even go down to the sixth deck so we can take the stairs easily to get to the promenade? I was concerned about noise on the 6th deck or elevators, but it doesn't sound like that's an issue.

luvdmouse, I think you'll be perfectly fine in 7292 and 7293. The walk from those cabins isn't far from the elevator/stairs at all.

I used to live in Buffalo Grove! We live in Cary now, but I'm from BG and my husband grew up in Palatine. Small world.

We have just booked 1390 for November 08. 1st time on Mariner we had our first aft cabin and we loved it. Also we have an aft for Transatlantic on Navigator in November and had one for Infinity last month in Alaska. Afts have spoiled us. We love the larger balconies and the view over the wake.

luvdmouse, I think you'll be perfectly fine in 7292 and 7293. The walk from those cabins isn't far from the elevator/stairs at all.

I used to live in Buffalo Grove! We live in Cary now, but I'm from BG and my husband grew up in Palatine. Small world.

hi Jules815, I saw you post somewhere else today and noticed you said you were from the northshore. It is indeed a small world. Thanks for the info.

Lisa

Archived