Doing the Passport Dance...but Birth Certificates MIA!

WOOHOO! :D

My husband just picked up his mail from the PO Box and our passports arrived today. It took exactly 10 weeks from when we applied (May 11th). He said mine looks good, but he said his picture wasn't as flattering. One thing I'm wondering about is...WHERE ARE OUR BIRTH CERTIFICATES?! :confused: I had asked when we applied at a local town hall and the lady in the office said they'd be mailed back with our passports. But they didn't...Will they come in the mail seperately? Anyone have a similar experience? I'm really hoping we do get them back, mine is an original that my mom had save and preserved so nicely for me for 31 years! :(

I applied for my family of four's passports in April. They just arrived on Monday, in 4 separate envelopes, but our original birth certificates were included with each passport. I would call if I were you because they should have been mailed with the passports.

Good luck.

Same thing happened to me. Got my 3 renewal passports yesterday, but one was missing the BC (annoying!) Passport lady told me to wait a couple days for it to come separately, and if it didn't to write a letter to the office address on the envelope.

I did save both envelopes in case I need them for anything, but my DH didn't bother to read the brochure enclosed with the passport, this is what it says

"Your US passport application has been approved and your passport has been issued. Your newly issued passport and the documentation you submitted with the application will be mailed seperately.

If your newly issued passport is included in this envelope, you will be receiving your documentation in a seperate mailing sent via First Class Mail

If the documentation you submitted with your passport application is included in this envelope, you will receive your newly issued passport in a seperate mailing sent via Priority Mail unless you requested or paid for overnight delivery service

This was dated January 2007.

Sorry if I alarmed anyone...my DH :o I love him dearly!

So we applied May 11th in Ohio, passports were issued July 14th, received July 19th from New Orleans.

Good luck to the rest of you...I'll be watching for our birth certificates in the mail!

Lucky you...we applied on April 6th and are still missing one passport - MINE!

The BC's did come in the same envelope with the passports, but I have heard of others who have received theirs separately.

Have fun!

I did save both envelopes in case I need them for anything, but my DH didn't bother to read the brochure enclosed with the passport, this is what it says

"Your US passport application has been approved and your passport has been issued. Your newly issued passport and the documentation you submitted with the application will be mailed seperately.

If your newly issued passport is included in this envelope, you will be receiving your documentation in a seperate mailing sent via First Class Mail

If the documentation you submitted with your passport application is included in this envelope, you will receive your newly issued passport in a seperate mailing sent via Priority Mail unless you requested or paid for overnight delivery service

This was dated January 2007.

Sorry if I alarmed anyone...my DH :o I love him dearly!

So we applied May 11th in Ohio, passports were issued July 14th, received July 19th from New Orleans.

Good luck to the rest of you...I'll be watching for our birth certificates in the mail!

No alarm....you've provided valuable information for others who are in the same boat...no pun intended! :D :D

Congrats on getting your passports!!

There was a thread a few weeks back, that stated, there is one passport office that mails BC's back under seperate cover, while all the others mail them with the PP. Don't worry, yours will arrive in a day or 2:D

Archived