Carnival Pride- Crown Plaza San Pedro?

jilllenae

I think that I might have messed up. We are sailing on the Carnival Pride in Oct and I just booked the Crown Plaza in San Pedro after I read that so many people stayed there pre cruise. Has anyone stayed there that has cruised with Carnival since there port is in Long Beach? Will they still offer us a free stuttle to the Long Beach cruise terminal or only the one in San Pedro?

I made the same mistake on my upcoming cruise only I am staying in Long Beach and leaving from San Pedro. We stay at a Bed-n-Breakfast in the downtown area. There is more to do within walking distance in Long Beach. The is no public transportation from one pier to the other. You will have to take a taxi or shuttle. It's seven miles between the two piers.

What makes the Crown Plaza in San Pedro nice is the park-n-cruise and the free shuttle to pier 93.

I am staying at the Crowne Plaza prior to a Pride sailing also. I booked the hotel on Priceline. Tried calling the hotel to ask about park & cruise packages, and got sent to 4 different desks, then was told that the shuttle is free to the Port of LA terminal but not to the Port of Long Beach terminal (where Carnival docks). They do have a package which will allow you to park and get a shuttle to Long Beach, but that person did not have any cost information. After he sent me to another desk (Front Desk for the second time I believe) and they didn't have any cost answers, I hung up in disgust.

We are driving in, and will park at the terminal.

I have stayed in San Pedro before for a Carnival cruise...It is about a $20 cab ride (15-20 minutes) to the terminal. I have not stayed at this hotel, but it appears to be a nice one from the outside. One of the taller buildings overlooking the port area in San Pedro.

Just so you know...

I'm going to do a full report with pictures coming up on several hotels in San Pedro and Long Beach...

But to answer SOME questions...

They will absolutely shuttle you to the Carnival/Long Beach pier as well as the San Pedro pier with no cost difference (as long as you are getting one of the "Park and Sail" or "Fly and Sail" packages).

They don't make a differentiation on the price.

If you don't get one of the packages, then they might charge you something for either, but it will be about the same.

But, the packages are well worth it, you just do their "sign up" sheet for one of 4 times to get you to the pier for your cruise (DO NOT quote me on this, but it was something like 10 AM, 11 AM, 12:30 PM and 2 PM - just for an approximation).

So, anyone going on Carnival, they absolutely will accomodate you here, and (except for maybe The Coast Hotel) better than any other Long Beach hotel.

Just so you know.

CJW

Archived