Do I Really Have To ....???

dinojude

We will be on a cruise to South Alaska from August 11 - 18th. Do I really have to pack winter jackets for DH and me? I have a weather channel jacket with fleece lining that's not too bad to pack. However, DH's jacket is 3XLTall -- and that's a lot to stuff in a suitcase!!

Has anybody been in Alaska at that time in August? How was the weather??

I really enjoy the posts and all the helpful ideas.

We will be on a cruise to South Alaska from August 11 - 18th. Do I really have to pack winter jackets for DH and me? I have a weather channel jacket with fleece lining that's not too bad to pack. However, DH's jacket is 3XLTall -- and that's a lot to stuff in a suitcase!!

Has anybody been in Alaska at that time in August? How was the weather??

I really enjoy the posts and all the helpful ideas.

Well, it's been six years since we were in Alaska in August, but we certainly didn't need winter coats! We actually had really nice weather--it rained for a short time in Juneau, but that was it. I wore a fleece-lined rain jacket that was quite a bit heavier than a windbreaker on my salmon fishing excursion, but that was the only time. Other than that the heaviest jackets we wore were windbreakers.

We won't be taking winter coats this time either--just plenty of clothes that we can layer for warmth, if needed.

Cheers!

Jayne

We went mid Aug. last year and except for the glacier face (45ish) the temp was 60-65 at the lowest during the day. Light jacket was all we took. If you find it's chillier you can alway buy something heaver at the many shops in the different ports.

Archived