Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

drommer

We are cruising on the Carribbean Princess, President's Day weekend. Because we are from Minnesota, we will be flying down the day before ( you know, in case of snow storms/blizzards/the end of the world). We are looking for a nice but reasonable hotel for Saturday night. I know this is a holiday weekend and the prices are probably jacked way up. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This thread will poof when it is seen by the moderators so let me direct you to the East Coast departures board before it is moved. Lots of hotels in FLL depending on the price you are looking to pay and the area you wish to stay in.

I like Embassy Suites. Not the cheapest, but when you trhow in full breakfast and evening drinks, good for the price. Very close to pier and several good restaurants within walking distance.

Last year we stayed at the Marriott Dania Beach. Not sure of price as we used Marriott points to pay for the room BUT....they have FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel AND FREE shuttle to the ship! It was worth it and we'd do it again, no matter the price. Such a convenience...no waiting at the airport for an hour for the cruise line bus...waiting for other passengers to arrive and get bags. Great!

Pat

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th and it was great... Very close to port and shops for pre cruise beverages.. They had an airport shuttle but it was only a 5 minute taxi ride to port.. We stay there every time we're in FLL..

We like to stay at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th as well. Great variety of restaurants in walking distance, a Publix and liquor store up the street and a Walgreens on the corner. Plus, it's only a short walk to the water taxi stop.

Dianne

Try the La Quinta, 59.00 a night. It is worth it to rent a car for one day when you are there because there is so much to see. You have to cruise A1A and cruise Las Olas. I went there during spring break when all the rooms were booked and La quinta was a God send.

Which La Quinta? Publix or the like close by? Sounds almost too cheap. But then again, I have stayed at some horrible places for big $$$.

Archived