Another Carnival Sale Thursday

ShedQueen77

Got the same email. I just tried the code and it might be working now. It's showing a 2 category upgrade for balconies on my Jan 2008 Conquest sailing, and other upgrades for categories 4 - 6. Doesn't beat Carnival's awesome military rate for me, but hopefully somebody will snag a deal :)

Code P1S for free upgrade on "virtually every" cruise through December 31, 2008 if anyone is interested.

Just curious ~ we are traveling inside guarantee Can we take advantage of this upgrade even though we don't know where our cabin is until we board?:confused:

Just curious ~ we are traveling inside guarantee Can we take advantage of this upgrade even though we don't know where our cabin is until we board?:confused:

Try the code and see what the options are? Just go to the Carnival site yourself and pretend to book first and see if the code works for what you want. I noticed they raised a lot of prices a couple of days ago, even my 2009 price.

You would have to pay for at least a 4A, not the "IS" to get the free upgrades, but see how much difference or if you want it.

Try the code and see what the options are? Just go to the Carnival site yourself and pretend to book first and see if the code works for what you want. I noticed they raised a lot of prices a couple of days ago, even my 2009 price.

You would have to pay for at least a 4A, not the "IS" to get the free upgrades, but see how much difference or if you want it.

once you are paid in full they can't raise the prices on you can they? They have gone up nearly 100.00 since I booked What i mean to ask is you don't have to pay the increase do you?

once you are paid in full they can't raise the prices on you can they? They have gone up nearly 100.00 since I booked What i mean to ask is you don't have to pay the increase do you?

No, you are locked in.....unless you want to rebook. The poster who booked a "IS" would have to rebook a 4A to get the so called sale prices/free upgrade.

Looks like I would have to pay an addition $130 pp, so I will skip this sale as well. I just checked my only guarantee, the other we have a specific cabin and dont want to be upgraded.

You are locked in, sorry, didnt mean to worry you.

No, you are locked in.....unless you want to rebook. The poster who booked a "IS" would have to rebook a 4A to get the so called sale prices/free upgrade.

Looks like I would have to pay an addition $130 pp, so I will skip this sale as well. I just checked my only guarantee, the other we have a specific cabin and dont want to be upgraded.

You are locked in, sorry, didnt mean to worry you.

Thanks for the response firefly!!! I don't think I can wait for 128 days!!! If I am this excited now my kids and husband are going to be so tired of me before we go!!!:o

Thanks for the response firefly!!! I don't think I can wait for 128 days!!! If I am this excited now my kids and husband are going to be so tired of me before we go!!!:o

I am terrible too, I try to get rid of that "I cant wait to go" stuff by coming here. Our next booked is late September. We dont do Carnival until January....my first guarantee. Guarantees are like Christmas waiting on that cabin assignment. Im still hoping one day for that fairy dust to hit us. We booked specific cabins this fall.

I am terrible too, I try to get rid of that "I cant wait to go" stuff by coming here. Our next booked is late September. We dont do Carnival until January....my first guarantee. Guarantees are like Christmas waiting on that cabin assignment. Im still hoping one day for that fairy dust to hit us. We booked specific cabins this fall.

I know what you are saying about coming here!!! I am obsessed!!! What it says is true, I have been planning a cruise for 20 years and finally did it. My husband was shocked:D Now from what I understand (being our first cruise and no real knowledge!) that is that with a guarantee they will put you in whatever cabin is left available within your level ie: inside.ov....

I noticed they raised a lot of prices a couple of days ago, even my 2009 price.

Not all cruises have raised prices. I've been checking my potential Glory cruise and the prices have remained the same for a month now. I think I'll book with this sale, as I wanted to book an 8C on Verandah deck, and I can do that for the price of an 8A now.

once you are paid in full they can't raise the prices on you can they?

No, you are all set and locked in with your price.

No, you are locked in.....

Not true. If you read your cruise contract you will find that they can.

They just don't. ;)

Here is the detail from the email:

The code is CP1S

BIG savings on virtually every "Fun Ship" cruise sailing between now and December 21, 2008.

Fineprint

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I. Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/IS/OV/BL/SS/ST/11/12. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Two category upgrade available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrades limited to a one category oceanview upgrade on Carnival Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom or Splendor. Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend or Miracle. Valid on new individual bookings only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Thursday 07/26/07. Applicable on select sailings through 12/31/08. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CP1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

(Now I can delete the thread I started before I found this one -- but I did look first. Just missed it.)

Not true. If you read your cruise contract you will find that they can.

They just don't. ;)

OK picky picky picky. Yes, that is why I book ahead, so I locked in some prices. I have 3 Carnival cruises booked and one they have not raised...yet. :D My PVP said I locked in the price, even if they could raise the price, I feel confident they wouldnt.

The promo code is invalid on my Mar 16 cruise on the Conquest. Bummer!

Why would it have an invalid code? it is showing on mine as well for November. Are these cruises blacked out for some reason?:confused:

We are currently booked on the Miracle in 3/30/2008 in a BL guar. If we re-book ($50 more) an 8A we will be upgraded to a 8C. What do yall think? Is an 8C an obstructed view? And how long does that sale last?

Thanks

Why would it have an invalid code? it is showing on mine as well for November. Are these cruises blacked out for some reason?:confused:

Are you typing in the P1S, remember to drop the C for online, C = Carnival. just type in P1S.

Archived