wines

LOGHL

Does anyone have a list of the complementary wines, & also the "wines for sale"

The wines offered at dinner change daily and cruise to cruise (though they obviously may show up more than once). Our experience as moderately knowledgeable wine aficionados is that unless you are very knowledgeable and are looking for a specific, special item, you’ll be quite pleased with the “house wines” (which are all very respectable private labels…no “Regent Cabernet”).

We’ve dined with people that know a lot more about wine than we do and unless they were celebrating something really important, they were happy with the offered wines.

I might add that the level of the stock inclusive alcohol across the board is very high. You have to be a real connoisseur to feel limited.

The wines we had on Regent both Red and Whites retail in New York for $17 to $30 dollars. We have seen a few in restaurants selling for $ 35 to $ 65 . We were pleased with the variety and quality of their pouring wines..

We have sailed on Radisson/Regent 7 times, but our first after it has become all inclusive is this September. We are very into wine, and find the wines poured at dinner generally acceptable, but not great. However, we have found that if they are pouring a particular wine at dinner, such as a Chardonnay, and you ask for something else, they will usually find a bottle from another night and pour you something else. There is also a separte wine list that you can order from, at an additional charge. While the mark up has increased over the years, it is no worse than the mark up on restaruant wine lists. It used to be much better, but as I said, it has increased recently.

We were on the Mariner in May from FLL to San Francisco. The complimentary wines were all of good quality and well-paired with menus in each dining venue (changing nightly). We were readily accommodated if we preferred one of the other complimentary wines to the ones on offer that particular night in whichever venue. The list of wines available for purchase was not terribly extensive but was of highquality and very fairly priced (below what a San Francisco restaurant would have charged for the same bottle). The head sommelier was extremely knowledgeable and steered us to several excellent choices from the reserve list. I noticed a dozen or so fine ports and sherries on the list in the Connoiseur Lounge (extra $ per glass, though I'm sure there were some complimentary) - we didn't indulge in any after-dinner drinks. The inclusive spirits were all premium brands with multiple choices per category (eight or ten vodkas, as I recall, including Grey Goose, Chopin, Sterling etc., with extra charges only for the ultra premium single malts and the like. Overall, Regent did not skimp on its new all inclusive wines and spirits program.

Archived