Name Game or smeyer

lmondrop

Hi guys - headed to the big city once again for my bacholorette weekend party....I wanted to ask you guys for another car service you might recommend. I've used Carmel several times and have been very dissapointed with the service and last time I almost missed my flight. Don't want to run the risk of this again and two of my girlfriends are going for the first time so I would love fo everything to be seamless (I know..shooting fo the stars). Thanks!!!

I've used almost all the car services traveling for business over the past 20 years, and I've found them all to be inconsistent: sometimes great service, sometimes terrible. My backup (which I've had to use on several occasions) has always been going into the street and waving for a taxi.

I agree with RHefley228 - I always use Carmel but lately people on the boards have been having problems with them. I used to use TriState but they are no longer around. I think Smeyer recommends Aricebo but I never used them. It's all hit or miss.

http://www.valpak.com/vpcol/listCoupons.do?cat=101

With valpak they list a few car services with coupons. You can call them and see who offers the best deal.

Are you looking for car service from the airport? If it's LGA or JFK then a taxi is definitely easiest. Using airlink (probably blue van too) is also easy from the airport if you make a reservation in advance but I wouldn't use them going to the airport because the wait is awful and they pick you up so early.

Enjoy the bachelorette party. Going anywhere fun?

I agree with RHefley228 - I always use Carmel but lately people on the boards have been having problems with them. I used to use TriState but they are no longer around. I think Smeyer recommends Aricebo but I never used them. It's all hit or miss.

http://www.valpak.com/vpcol/listCoupons.do?cat=101

With valpak they list a few car services with coupons. You can call them and see who offers the best deal.

Are you looking for car service from the airport? If it's LGA or JFK then a taxi is definitely easiest. Using airlink (probably blue van too) is also easy from the airport if you make a reservation in advance but I wouldn't use them going to the airport because the wait is awful and they pick you up so early.

Enjoy the bachelorette party. Going anywhere fun?

Thanks!

I'm flying into LGA and out of JFK...I was thinking of just getting a cab too...but its 4 girls and imagine how much luggage we have :o I'm going to check arecibo...I just don't want to use carmel anymore....

I'm not sure where my friends are taking me....two of my bridesmaids actually live in New York so they are still in the planning process...but the 3 girls that are coming with me from Miami will be the first time for them in the city...so i get to act as tour guide :D Definately plan on hitting some clubs and having dinner at some good restaurants....

as pointed out I use Arecibo. Its a local car service. If you are expecting an absolutely cleanest car with someone who will have a long talk with you, you need someone else. They come when called and I haven't had a problem with them... yet....7187836465....

Thanks!

I'm flying into LGA and out of JFK...I was thinking of just getting a cab too...but its 4 girls and imagine how much luggage we have :o I'm going to check arecibo...I just don't want to use carmel anymore....

I'm not sure where my friends are taking me....two of my bridesmaids actually live in New York so they are still in the planning process...but the 3 girls that are coming with me from Miami will be the first time for them in the city...so i get to act as tour guide :D Definately plan on hitting some clubs and having dinner at some good restaurants....

Try to get one of those taxi vans or SUV's at least from LGA. With four people car service is probably best, although a van or SUV cab would be fairly easy. Smeyer seems happy with Arecibo and I think I am going to try them next. A bit of warning though, with four people any car service will tell you that you need a bigger car and they will charge more.

Enjoy your bachelorette weekend. Take lots of pictures, just make sure none of them can be blackmail ones. :eek:

Try to get one of those taxi vans or SUV's at least from LGA. With four people car service is probably best, although a van or SUV cab would be fairly easy. Smeyer seems happy with Arecibo and I think I am going to try them next. A bit of warning though, with four people any car service will tell you that you need a bigger car and they will charge more.

Enjoy your bachelorette weekend. Take lots of pictures, just make sure none of them can be blackmail ones. :eek:

Thanks...to both of you! I will try them instead....

I have the camera queens with me so there will be tons of pics.....NOOOOO blackmail pics!! Trust me!!

Thanks...to both of you! I will try them instead....

I have the camera queens with me so there will be tons of pics.....NOOOOO blackmail pics!! Trust me!!

i'm sure my wife and i would love to see some blackmail pics! woohoo!

lemondrop, have a great time at your bachelorette party!

I used Tel-Aviv back in the mid 1990s with great luck but don't think they are around any longer or they merged!

I'll be in NYC next weekend to run the Nike NYC Half Marathon!

lemondrop, have a great time at your bachelorette party!

I used Tel-Aviv back in the mid 1990s with great luck but don't think they are around any longer or they merged!

I'll be in NYC next weekend to run the Nike NYC Half Marathon!

Thanks!! Can't wait!!

I will run a marathon someday...I'm just happy to be able to jog two miles (2.11 Miles to be exact) in 30 minutes :D that was my last time as of today!!

I just starting jogging, or let me rephrase that by saying "wogging". I hope to soon be able to go for a couple of blocks without stopping.

I don't think Tel Aviv is still around, I haven't seen their advertisements for quite awhile.

OMG!! You guys are scandalous!!:p

oh no we are not. hehehehehehe.

.........ok maybe we are.

name_game jogging? i'll start by just getting my butt out of the chair. that would be amazing! maybe a beer bottle at the end of a stick will get me moving. (kinda like the carrot at the end of the stick in the cartoons we grew up with).

I just starting jogging, or let me rephrase that by saying "wogging". I hope to soon be able to go for a couple of blocks without stopping.

I don't think Tel Aviv is still around, I haven't seen their advertisements for quite awhile.

Namegame, it everyone starts somewhere!

Make sure you come out next Sunday and November 4th to cheer us on!

I didn't think Tel-Aviv was around.

Hey Blue - Question....what's a good time to run a mile? I'm currently doing it in 13, but I'd like to get it down to 10 minutes. I just started running and training in January, for my wedding obviously...but I also want to get into top physical shape :o

Hey Blue - Question....what's a good time to run a mile? I'm currently doing it in 13, but I'd like to get it down to 10 minutes. I just started running and training in January, for my wedding obviously...but I also want to get into top physical shape :o

I think it depends on your age but an eight minute mile is considered pretty good and a seven and a half minute mile is excellent.

Most people run about ten minute miles.

Pick a race and start training is the best way.

The ING Miami Marathon (or the half) would be an excellent race to begin with in particular the half.

I think it depends on your age but an eight minute mile is considered pretty good and a seven and a half minute mile is excellent.

Most people run about ten minute miles.

Pick a race and start training is the best way.

The ING Miami Marathon (or the half) would be an excellent race to begin with in particular the half.

Well I'm 30...not too old (I like to think so :p ). I guess I have some work cut out for me.....I will make it to a 10 minute mile!!! I've been wanting to try a marathon, but never quite thought I was ready. Maybe when I can make it through a 30 minute run w/o stopping I might consider a marathon...How long is the half?

Well I'm 30...not too old (I like to think so :p ). I guess I have some work cut out for me.....I will make it to a 10 minute mile!!! I've been wanting to try a marathon, but never quite thought I was ready. Maybe when I can make it through a 30 minute run w/o stopping I might consider a marathon...How long is the half?

It is 13.1 miles and if you've been running since January, you are ready to start training for a half marathon.

Go to www.HalHigdon.com and click on the training schedule for the half.

Also, go ahead and sign up for the half. That way you will not back out!

You will not have any problems working up your mileage.

On Saturdays, add a mile to your longest run. For example if you've only run 2-3 miles, keep doing so but on Saturday run four miles. The Saturday after run five and so on. Keep your mid week runs from 2-3 miles.

It is 13.1 miles and if you've been running since January, you are ready to start training for a half marathon.

Go to www.HalHigdon.com and click on the training schedule for the half.

Also, go ahead and sign up for the half. That way you will not back out!

You will not have any problems working up your mileage.

On Saturdays, add a mile to your longest run. For example if you've only run 2-3 miles, keep doing so but on Saturday run four miles. The Saturday after run five and so on. Keep your mid week runs from 2-3 miles.

That's fantastic! Thank you so much!!

• 3 weeks later...

They still have a website that takes reservations.?.? I was just researching the forum to see about using them or not. Maybe I shouldn't? Their rate is cheap...$29 for our trip one way.

We are flying into LGA on a Friday night and need to be transported to the Marriott Eastside. Do you think a cab would be around the same amount of money versus a private car? I've been getting quotes on cars that range from $40 - $80 for one way service.

I was thinking a private car versus a cab due to the Friday night traffic...we are arriving at 6:00 pm.....well we are suppose to!:rolleyes: Any suggestions?

Then on the Sunday morning, we'll need to be transported to the pier from our hotel....cab?

Thanks all!

I guess Tel Aviv is still around but the $29 should be around the same price every car service charges from LGA to Manhattan, unless you are getting a van or if they are charging you waiting time. Many car services have you call them after you get your luggage so they don't have to park the car and charge you extra. I would take car service from the airport at 6PM on a Friday night. The cost difference between car service and a cab is probably nominal but if you get stuck in traffic then a cab can cost quite a bit more.

As for the pier to the hotel, definitely cab it.

Archived