Grand Med or Greek Isles?

Wow, This is alot to think about. I am going to contct the TA again and then make a .......gulp.......decesion. Both sound wonderful. As I said I am just grateful that this is my main problem these days!

Thanks for revising this thread so I could read all of the input there.

Ginger:rolleyes:

It's a really tough decision. We had to make a similiar decision although I find it interesting that Princess was never an option for us. We were torn between Brilliance of the Seas and Millennium. Turkey was never a draw for me, I wanted Italy and Greece and wasn't willing to give up Mykonos, Santorini and Athens for Turkey, so unless a cruise had those three it didn't enter into the equation. Keep in mind that you're coming so far, make sure you pick the ports that really mean something to you. Once we saw pictures of Greece, we where hooked. Even though Millennium was the more expensive way to go, I think it was the right way. I don't want to think of this as the Cruise of a Life Time because I'm still in my 30s and hope to return, but it will be a cruise that lasts a life time. Look at the different itineraries, try not to let price make up your mind, and decide which ports offer more of what you want to see. As long as it's a well informed decision, it won't be a wrong one.

Great Advice. I am doing just that. Venice and Italy in general was my must see so the rest is icing on the cake. I am researching the other places as we "speak" and we have been doing a pro & con list. We like personal dinning found on Princess, we like the smaller ship found with the Millenium....and on and on. You get the picture

I know this trip will be fantastic no matter which way we go and like you (even though we are in our 50's!) I hope it is just one cruise among many.

Thanks again for all your warm support.

Mahalo,

Ginger

I am booked on the Grand June 7,2005 Venice to Rome 12day with stops at

Dubrovnik 8am-5:30pm,Corfu 8am-5:30pm,Katakolon 7am-4:30pm,Athens 6am-5:15pm,Mykonos 8am-5:30pm,Kusadasi 8am-4:30pm,Rhodes 8am-4:30pm,Santorini 7am-5:30pm Naples 7am-5:30pm...

I have been on the Grand 3 times and on Celebrity Summit twice I like both linesfor many different reasons.I would not hesitate taking either line just find the itinerary you like the most...

Tom

Archived