Carnival Freedom, Cat 9A question

Hello everyone...we're considering the October 2008 Grand Med cruise. I've been on Carnival once, on a Cruise to Nowhere on the Legend. We were in a Cat 11 which I really loved.

My question however is regarding some of the Cat 9A cabins...8448 and 7440 (I think). They're located all the way aft on the corner. Are these rooms configured the same as the standard 9A's? Do they have extended balconies?

Thanks in advance for your replies and any other advice you'd care to share.

Ciao,

W A W W

We have booked a 9A on the Freedom for July 08. Our cabin is 7445. We have had 6483 on the Conquest and loved the large wrap-around balcony. When booking, we also had a choice of a 9A on deck 8. Deck 8 is under the lido deck and therefore may have extra noise in the morning. We loved being on deck 6 and I am sure will be quite happy with 7445. For us it was worth the extra $.

We just spent 24 days on the Freedom in 9A 7440 and it was wonderful. The cabin is the same size as all the other balcony cabins but the balcony is huge. Part of the balcony is on the aft and part is on the side so you get great views from both sides. We like deck 7 the best because there are cabins above and below. On deck 8 people say you can hear the deck chairs being moved and on deck 6 you're above a lounge. Depending on the crowd it can be noisy until late (or early). The other neat thing about the 9A is that it has two big windows as well as the door so you can look outside in a couple of different directions.

Even though the Conquest class ships list 8 cat. 9A's only 6 of them have the wrap balcony. Two of them on deck 8 are on the sides with larger than normal balconies but the inside configuration is strange. Since they're the same price as the wraps I would never get one (unless it was an upgrade from somewhere else). The big deal is to have the balcony on the back and side.

You'll love it!

Linda

Archived