Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

Hey ya'll - i've been enjoying reading all the posts, very good ideas but i wanted to ask ya'lls opinion. I've been reading about people putting up stuff about their birthdays and such. Well it isn't actually my birthday but it is my birthday cruise - my birthday was actually 2 weeks ago but this is my birhtday present to myslef and from my mom whom i will be sharing a room with. Do ya'll think it would be Ok to put up a sign on my door saying happy birthday to me, or would "This Cruise is in Celebration of my birhtday" be better...

I so want to do something on my door but have no clue what and time is running out as we are leaving on Saturday... I was also thinking about doing something of a Princess theme since my screen name is PrincessMimi (my real name is Mindi, but i am called mimi by my nieces and nephews) - i was thinking about decorating it with princess stuff saying the Princess has arrived or something..

come on ya'll give me some ideas please

thanks and have a great day,

Mindi

last year I just printed out a picture from the Print Shop program, glued to sheet magnets, and gave to each cabin in our group. Same thing this year, Except heard the doors are not metal, so inserted in a page protector, and will bring two sided tape. Lazy this year I guess, but still fun. Easy to find cabin at 2am.

I just put some magnets on my door. It sure made it easier to find! Also, we put window stickers up on our balcony. It made it nice for my son since he was going to miss Halloween.

Window stickers would be nice for the balcony door so I don't run into it !:D

• 4 weeks later...

:D Thank's everyone! I just came across this board..we sail on The Coral Princess to Panama Canal on the 30th.....I have been racking my brain trying to think of ways to be different on the ship. I usually put an dry erraser board on the door, but you all have given me some great ideas! Now to find room in my luggage.......:eek:

:D Thank's everyone! I just came across this board..we sail on The Coral Princess to Panama Canal on the 30th.....I have been racking my brain trying to think of ways to be different on the ship. I usually put an dry erraser board on the door, but you all have given me some great ideas! Now to find room in my luggage.......:eek:

This is a simple poster to use. You can add your name before you print it off. I laminated one of these signs and got some themed stickers from the Dollar Store, they looked really affective all around the poster and the door. (Came off the door no problem.) ;)

http://www.user.shentel.net/cbarden/ccdoorsign.doc

How would anyone go about hanging a wreath on the outside? What, run some fishing line over the top of the door or something like that?

That would probably work. Another option might be one of those 3M Command hooks that peel off when you're done.

• 4 weeks later...

:) Picked up a few helpful hints from all of the previous posts on"door decor". Have made a few signs to add to the door daily, starting with "Bon Voyage". Sailing soon ;will let you know what worked. Have gotten self tack dots to hang things. If you see Sunflowers on the door ; that's me.:D

Happy Tapper ;)

Something very small and simple, but just enough to make it easier to identify our door: I make a business card using Avery #8371 (or similar) -- with a colorful graphic, with "Aloha" or something pertinitent to the destination, and print on color printer. Then it slides in to a "Hold it!" Business Card Pocket which has a self-adhesive back. Peel it off and stick it on the door. Not fancy or glamorous, but it works for us.

Hi, I also like to decorate the door and the balcony! On the Conquest last year I made a magnetic sign for one of our fellow C C cruisers that were celebrating their Honeymoon on board. It had a picture of a Groom carrying his Bride over the threshold, if I remember. We stuck it on as a surprise. I buy the 8 x 11 magnetic computer printable sheets. I print the CC Meet and greet signs on one of these. As well as a card stock version that I laminate for the doors that are not metal. For Hawaii I purchased a great door jam decoration from WWW.Orientaltrading.com. It had palm trees etc. For the balcony in Hawaii we hung grass skirts. In the W. Caribbean we had inflatable flamingos.

Yes, often by the end of the cruise, the decorations have been (uh hem clear throat) taken. It is still fun.

I love the idea of the post it notes and magnetic letters. Very creative!

I don't know when cabin door decorating started. I think it is practiced mostly by die hard cruisers. We do like to have fun! It does help to find your cabin. The decorations make for good conversation and fun.

On occasion I will travel inside cabin. When I do I have fun making posters of the ports I will be traveling. I post them up where the "window" would be. LOL

So fun. Bon Voyage!

• 2 weeks later...

I always decorate my door. It helps me find my room after I have had to many "Drinks of the Day".

Last month (two cruises) I used garland around the door and stocking with our name of it. I put candy canes around the stocking so people walking by could partake. I got so many nice comments.

This month I just decorated a large gift bag.

Have a wonderful new year..

Julie

• 2 months later...

I'm going on a cruise next month on the Liberty of the Seas and would love to make some door decorations as the cruise is for a family wedding. Does anyone know if the Liberty has metal doors? I've read some posts about people printing door signs on magnetic paper and I'd love to do this as a surprise.

I'm going on a cruise next month on the Liberty of the Seas and would love to make some door decorations as the cruise is for a family wedding. Does anyone know if the Liberty has metal doors? I've read some posts about people printing door signs on magnetic paper and I'd love to do this as a surprise.

Sorry, I don't know if they are metal or not. However, I decorated our cabin door (which happened to be metal) with clear, peel and stick decals. They work on any surface, pretty much.

Would any of you be willing to share pics of the signs you've made for your cruise? I'd like to make door signs for a wedding cruise and I'd love to see what others have done.

Thanks so much! :)

Not a great photo but you get the idea! We just added the birthday girl's photo to a ready made sign. Princess put up balloons.

We also used those plastic peel & stick decorations (usually for windows) on the mirrors inside the room.

No tape, glue or fasteners required!

IMG_0224-2.jpg.5e3768d3d93e4a153f540ce36768b31a.jpg

Veterans Day occurred during our cruise last fall. My dad served in WWII and the Korean War and is a very proud veteran. I brought 2 little flags to decorate his door as a surprise. To my dismay, magnets didn't work. I had a small package of duct tape that someone listed as "a must have for cruises" list. I have carried it for years, but never needed it before. It may not have been pretty, but it saved the day for holding the flags... and my dad couldn't have been happier.

1058903923_2007FCHdawn018.jpg.01c1fde577f8ed6802857831d110ec8d.jpg

This is a great time of year at the Dollar store in your area. You will be able to find a garden flag appropriate for a tropical vacation. I usually attach ours to the side of the door, and I use the putty stuff. Works well, and doesn't fall off.

When we are "home" I hear our "neighbors" comment on it and they also know they are almost "home!";)

We cruise in 2 weeks and have been gathering things to decorate our door. We plan to use 2 sided tape on wrapping paper, do we need to bring the tacky putty just in case? We're TN sports fans so we have sports related bumper stickers we plan to put on it around the edges. Then in the middle will be pictures of our dogs. With some carribean stickers around them. I liked that Bone Voyage idea, we've been trying to come up with something that would tie it all together. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Our family group of 18-7 cabins are going on the Conquest, June 1 and are planning on using a Pirate theme..Oriental Trading has some great stuff as well as other websites..our Party City didn't have much for Pirates..Everyone seems to have the rolls of room setters (vinyl with a setting) and there are 30 ft. in a roll, enough to do everyone's door and then we'll each decorate from there..I like the idea I read on another thread about having a contest and let a fellow passenger judge..I have gotten some great ideas off this thread..34 more days and 4 Sundays. Linnie:)

Balloons!

We bring lots of cheap colored balloons and some string and tape and put a few on our door.

We can see the balloons from pretty far away and it makes it easy to find your room after a few drinks of the day!

Ken

Would any of you be willing to share pics of the signs you've made for your cruise? I'd like to make door signs for a wedding cruise and I'd love to see what others have done.

Thanks so much! :)

Hi, I tried to upload our door magnet, we got it at VISTAPRINT.com a small car door magnet (free + shipping right now)...... Good luck.