Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

On our family cruise this month, we had a door decorating contest. I bought a plastic inflatible pink flamingo at Party City- gave "Felicia Flamingo" foo-foo sequin things around her neck - ankle bracelets - and a Red Hat - and hung this with a red ribbon on the door. I won 1st place. And it sure did help to find your cabin quickly coming down the hall.

We just got back from a cruise and we decorated our door. We went to Dollar Tree and they have the peel and stick wall art. We got the ones with palm trees. We also had several die cuts made out of silver shiney paper. One was state of Texas, heart and smiley faces. We also got border and just taped it to the door. It turned out real cute. My DD got mad by the end of the cruise because things started disappearing. I had told her to expect it. We had fun doing the door anyway. I think we were the only ones that had decorated though. We also decorated our window so we could see where our room was when we were in port. It was pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I've seen it on here somewhere, and the search is not helping, because I don't know what it's called...

...can someone please help me find the CC's print out they do to put on your door to let others know you're a CC and are planning a meet and greet?

Many thanks! - Rhonda

I know I've seen it on here somewhere, and the search is not helping, because I don't know what it's called...

...can someone please help me find the CC's print out they do to put on your door to let others know you're a CC and are planning a meet and greet?

Many thanks! - Rhonda

Hope this one helps. You can type in your name before you print off the sign and luggage tags. On the luggage tags I put cabin number on the back laminate and attach just before embarking the ship. ;)

http://www.user.shentel.net/cbarden/ccdoorsign.doc

Hope this one helps. You can type in your name before you print off the sign and luggage tags. On the luggage tags I put cabin number on the back laminate and attach just before embarking the ship. ;)

Thanks, I haven't seen this one before...very cute! I like all the CC avatars incorporated in it.

There was another one that says when the CC Meet and Greet time/place is. I'd like to have both...anyone know what I'm talking about? I wish I would have saved it... :(

Thanks, I haven't seen this one before...very cute! I like all the CC avatars incorporated in it.

There was another one that says when the CC Meet and Greet time/place is. I'd like to have both...anyone know what I'm talking about? I wish I would have saved it... :(

Is this the one? :D

http://www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

We've never decorated our cabin door.

Having said that, our next is a 12 night Holiday Cruise on RC's Explorer of the seas. We were just on her in July but didnt check if magnets work on the doors? Can someone tell me from experience if a magnetic wipe board- college dorm type will work?

Im very curious about the origin of cabin door decorating, does anyone know?? When did it start, how did it start? Are there roots to transatlantic sailings of decades gone by...?? Or is it something fairly new and just a fun way to find your door when you're trashed? (as many mention,lolol) OR the festivity of celebrating a Birthday or Anniversary and wanting everyone to know??

Just a curiousity!! Im planning our December Holiday ideas.....any suggestions? :)

We alwys hang something on the door..certainly makes finding the cabin easier esp. for other family members. I have two lightweight wreaths...particle board and have glued woonder sail ships cars airplanes palm trees etc. on it. Also have tags that stateour past cruises, ships etc. I can either hang it and also have magnets on the back. All of this stuff I bought at the Dollar store. I also get the eraser boards that you can hang on the door knob 2/$1.

Peace, Anna:)

Last cruise my girlfriend and I each have a dog so the sign said "Bone" Voyage and had a picture of each of our dogs with a picture of a ship. Sure made finding our room easier and we often had people comment to us in the hallway that we had cute dogs - of course we knew that.

Leaving for Alaska now (with another girlfriend). The sign says "North to Alaska", a takeoff on the song, with a picture of a glacier at the top, a picture of Coral Princess in the middle and a cactus on the bottom. Under the cactus is says "But it's a dry heat". We Arizonans just have to say that.

I laminate the poster (it is only an 8.5 x 11) and put it up with duct tape - the MUST BRING item for every cruise.

Last cruise my girlfriend and I each have a dog so the sign said "Bone" Voyage and had a picture of each of our dogs with a picture of a ship. Sure made finding our room easier and we often had people comment to us in the hallway that we had cute dogs - of course we knew that.

Leaving for Alaska now (with another girlfriend). The sign says "North to Alaska", a takeoff on the song, with a picture of a glacier at the top, a picture of Coral Princess in the middle and a cactus on the bottom. Under the cactus is says "But it's a dry heat". We Arizonans just have to say that.

I laminate the poster (it is only an 8.5 x 11) and put it up with duct tape - the MUST BRING item for every cruise.

"Bone Voyage" I LOVE it!! :D We are going to miss our 2 older, grown children, of course...but we will be lost without having our fuzzy kids with us too! :( What a cute idea!

Use magnets. I bought strips of them at the craft store and I'm ready to hang my door signs!

If you want a little 3D effect, but velcro dots -- the back side is a fairly strong adhesive but will come off when you peel it.

Having just returned from our cruise on the Triumph throughout the eastern Caribbean, though I'd share what I did to decorate our cabin 8305. Picked up a roll of turquoise colored wrapping paper at $ Tree along with roll of double-sided tape. At Party Suppliers, bought cardboard cutouts/some plastic ones of palm tree, parrot w/word Paradise, tropical fish, tropical drink glass and even a black pirate flag. Also found garland in turquoise with metallic tropical fish throughout. Covered door with wrapping paper and attached the various cutouts. Even the fellow staying in the next cabin helped me attach the garland around the doorframe as I am a shortie. He and his wife said it made finding their way "home at night" so easy!

In the middle of the door, I placed a printed sign that read: "N...& S... - cruisin' from Wilmington, NC". I also had stick on letters to spell our names along with a blown up photo of us together. On my birthday during the cruise I added a cake cutout that said it was my bday. So many folks seemed to enjoy the decorations, stating they had never seem it done before but would do theirs the next time. We helped alot of folks "find their way home" after evening events.

I would encourage anyone to decorate their door and even their cabin. We had a balcony and I didn't decorate it but would consider doing it for Christmas, etc. You just have to remember there is a fire danger so you can't use lights, etc.

ENJOY!

nctravelrn:)

Having just returned from our cruise on the Triumph throughout the eastern Caribbean, though I'd share what I did to decorate our cabin 8305. Picked up a roll of turquoise colored wrapping paper at $ Tree along with roll of double-sided tape. At Party Suppliers, bought cardboard cutouts/some plastic ones of palm tree, parrot w/word Paradise, tropical fish, tropical drink glass and even a black pirate flag. Also found garland in turquoise with metallic tropical fish throughout. Covered door with wrapping paper and attached the various cutouts. Even the fellow staying in the next cabin helped me attach the garland around the doorframe as I am a shortie. He and his wife said it made finding their way "home at night" so easy!

In the middle of the door, I placed a printed sign that read: "N...& S... - cruisin' from Wilmington, NC". I also had stick on letters to spell our names along with a blown up photo of us together. On my birthday during the cruise I added a cake cutout that said it was my bday. So many folks seemed to enjoy the decorations, stating they had never seem it done before but would do theirs the next time. We helped alot of folks "find their way home" after evening events.

I would encourage anyone to decorate their door and even their cabin. We had a balcony and I didn't decorate it but would consider doing it for Christmas, etc. You just have to remember there is a fire danger so you can't use lights, etc.

ENJOY!

nctravelrn:)

What a cute idea!! Glad to hear you had a great b-day cruise. Thanks for sharing! :)

I have read these boards alot and I see them every!!!

what do they mean???

DD

DH

DBF

DW

the only thing I can come up with is the first D is designated but why I don't know...

I'll feel stupid once it gets answered because it will become obvious, but until then, I'm stupified!

I have read these boards alot and I see them every!!!

what do they mean???

DD

DH

DBF

DW

the only thing I can come up with is the first D is designated but why I don't know...

I'll feel stupid once it gets answered because it will become obvious, but until then, I'm stupified!

The "D" normally stands for Dear or Darling.....so we have DH Dear Husband, DW Dear Wife, DD Dear Daughter, DS Dear Son......

DBF- probably Dear Boyfriend?? ........

I always decorate the door. Such fun and conversation starter. For our last Med. cruise, I changed the decor with each port such as Halloween in Venice, statue of David for Florence, Blue Mosque for Istanbul, etc. People came by just to see what I had done for that day.

We decorate our door each cruise we go on.

Below are picture on Vewendam for Ruth's birthday. We try to theme decorations around an event or a holiday.

Have found that sticky putty works best for putting things up and they do not fall down.

Yes those are slippers hanging on the door.

Both of us wear nothing but slippers when we are on cruises.

Any questions please email...

Ruth & Jim

554763226_036CabinDoor.jpg.ab2231a29f1ca31c387c8c52d88a5cd7.jpg

90978755_036GFullView.jpg.c9cb024a07cb0669eae1d4a32ddd4f78.jpg

1344980518_036IRuthandherdecorations.jpg.18ca1af42f5669f133321c1a29ee71ba.jpg

911682624_036FBirthdayBaloonsup.jpg.408c20e5b10c16f478b9071c682b8b41.jpg

1493163126_JimRuthonFormalNight.jpg.755fa88fa8e15f6853e82b37ca375e7b.jpg

We have a simple door sign on most cruises and have had everything from shiny (flat) palm tree or fish to a “Congrats Graduate” for our son’s grad cruise. For our 28th anniversary we picked up a “just married “sign at the party shop and wrote “28 years ago today” on it. We had a small group last year and bought some “the party starts here” banners for each door.

Just run though the isles of your local party store for great ideas.

Has anyone had problems with people stealing your door decorations?:eek:

On our last cruise we were with a group and had 18 cabins. Each of us had a different cardboard picture that we "sticky tac" to our doors. 15 of us "lost" our pictures sometime during the cruise. It was a spring break time so maybe that was the reason.??

How can we find out about the doors on the specific ship we are sailing on in regards to magnetic? Maybe a new thread?

Thanks..........................:o

• 3 weeks later...

On my second cruise, we had several celebration occassions during our 14 days on ship. We started the cruise with my bday---balloons and signs. Then, the lady across from us told us that her bday was 2 days later (on turkey day)--we knew her dh wouldn't do anything (SITM)---so we migrated the balloons to her door, made new signs, and had a cake delivered to her table at dinner. Two days later, the balloons were on the move again for our parents' anniv. Finally, the last night of the cruise, the balloons stayed in place and a new sign was made for mom's bday.

My sis and I were known as the party girls.

I will be decorating our door with Colorado Rockies stuff to show our support (penant, pom poms, etc.). Since we leave on day 4 of the World Series, I'm hoping they will turn things around from the first 2 games! But regardless, at the very least, they will still be the National League Champs!!

GO ROCKIES!!