Just Back SILVER WHISPER - Mediocre Overall

avalon1025

Our Whisper cruise was the week after the worst reviews I have ever read, April, 2006. Our cruise was exceptional. One or two times, we did feel like we could have had better service when we sat near a big table, so we solved that by always saying we'd like a quiet table. I'm very much looking forward to the dry dock updates like wifi in the room and flat screen TV.

30 min is about my limit before I walk over and talk to someone

Duct tape, I mean I'd find any wait staff and ask if someone could get my waiter or check on my dish or whatever. Of course, if nobody is in my view or anything, I doubt I am going to go all over the restaurant, but more than 30 min. between completion of a course to me is beyond social timing. I have not had to do this much anywhere, but if it was done, service improved the rest of the evening.

My take..like it or not...

When you go on holiday you go with one of two expectations, that it will be good or you already have concerns...

so...

as some people boarded with apprehension I feel it was their mindset to look for what needed improvement..

those with a take what i get will invariably come away feeling more positive...

LOL.. a few years back pre cruise we had an horrendous experience at the grand Bretagne in Athens, totally opposite to everyone else and I admit I expected perfection and to be kept waiting for a room for 3 hours from 4pm then to be given the wrong roomwas below standard I had expected a top level range and was not ready for failure....

On the contrary getting onto the Cloud (remember the negatives on these boards had seen me cancel a Silversea booking on Whisper in 2005....something which I now regret) I was totally happy....nothing in life can be perfect but boy did it come close.....

Archived