HAL's Luggage Tags

If we are doing a precruise then they go on the night before we head to the pier. If we are flying to the embarkation port for same day departure then they go on after we are packed at home, typically the night before. We worry about them getting ripped off in transit. We only fill in our last name and cabin number, never any address info.:D :) :D :)

Filling out my luggage tag is something I generally to do on the evening before we leave. I slap it on my suitcase which I then wrestle to the front door area and I'm ready to roll out in the morning.

I fill out ours a few weeks before we go. I still complete the Immigration Form that comes in the documents rather than doing it on line so I do all of it at the same time.

I usually only put our name, telephone number and cabin number on the luggage tags. Seeing as I don't leave them on the luggage when we go to the airport, no reason to fill out address and flight numbers.

We put our name, business address and cell phone # on the tags the night before we leave. When we get to the pier, we ask the steward to check the manifest to see if we have been upgraded to the Penthouse. If not, we write down the cabin #, attach to luggage, donate $2 per bag to the Longshoremen's Under-reported Income Fund and go check in.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

I fill everthing out right away just to get that job done and then double check all the info. When we fly in the day before, I put the tags on in the hotel.

Krazy Kruisers, i see you are doing the Panamerica on Nov. 20th. Do visit the roll call board. It is rather quiet.:)

I received my documents on the 12th of July for my cruisetour on the 18th of August. I have already completed my husband's and my luggage tags. The male friend travelling with us came over on Saturday and we completed his. I will go to my sister-in-laws on Sunday and get hers done.

One set of tags will go on the luggage when we leave home. The second set will go on them the last night on the cruise in preparation for the land tour. But all tags are completed.

So by the 29th we will have everything done, just have to wait for the 18th to arrive.

Even started packing yesterday. Have some last minute items to buy but for the most part, packing is complete too.

The day I get mine from the TA, and then the minute I get home and after I've fed all four pets and hung up my cell phone and checked messages...

...then I anticipatedly (is that a word?) sit and go through each and every page of everything and fill out everything there is to fill out. It's so exciting! And, if my bags were packed and ready to go (sounds like a song to me) I'd be attaching them to the luggage. But, in reality, they are not packed yet, and besides, I don't put them on until right before the cruise since we always fly on our own or drive. But I WOULD IF I COULD, cause it makes it that much closer!!! :)

Still waiting on those docs so I can do the dance!

Shay

Nothing beats a Sharpie!

On my recent cruise, I filled out the luggage tags as soon as they arrived (with Names and Cabin Numbers Only!) and tucked them into the HAL document folder.

I attached them all to our luggage at the port before boarding to avoid them getting torn off in transit prior!

I fill out the luggage tag as soon as I receive my "packet" of goodies. I do NOT attach them to my luggage until the night before (or the morning of) going to the pier.

With US TSA and "unlocked" luggage, I do not want to advertise that I am going on a cruise. A friend of mine had most of the electronics he packed stolen at Charles DeGaule Airport (Paris, France).

I know we are all very excited to be going on a cruise, but be VERY CAREFUL of the airlines and how they treat the contents of UNLOCKED luggage.

DH does the honors. Tags are tied on in the hotel for transport to the ship the following morning..

Don't forget to leave an itinerary inside your luggage. We don't ever show the home address! - just a business card and cell numbers. We carry scans of our passports and a couple of extra pictures.

I don't even put our home address on the regular luggage tags -- don't want the airlines to know where we live.

Don't forget to leave an itinerary inside your luggage. We don't ever show the home address! - just a business card and cell numbers. We carry scans of our passports and a couple of extra pictures.

I don't use my home address either. On my regular luggage tags..I either insert my business card or fill in my office address with cell phone number.

The itinerary in your luggage and scan of your passport is a good idea....I have to remember to do that next time. Thanks for the tip!

Archived