More stuff to do than sleeping and eating??!

You mean there is more to do on a ship than eat, drink, swim and climb a rock wall ?

I've been addicted to this board since I discovered it and I have been filling my brain with so much information, joting down notes and such and then I come across someone who scrapbooked. Who would have thought....?

What other kind of activities do they offer? I'm sure they vary by ship! I'm too excited! If they are scrapbooking on board...what other activities do they offer?

And here I thought, I was going to be doing a lot of sleeping and eating, between ports of call....

Hmmm...I'm starting to figure out that I'm clueless about cruising.:o

Gambling! People watching! Wine Tasting! Art buying (not!!!!) Dancing!

Watching the ice sculpter sculpt! Learn to fold napkins or towel animals! Bingo! Horse racing (pool game you can "bet" on)

Personally, I LIKE vegging out by the pool, having an afternoon drink, taking my time dressing and getting gorgeous for that evening.... It's all fun!

You can always get a "hump" cabin. hehe

:D

Okay...I don't know the lingo, and I've been coming across this "HUMP" cabin thing throughout CC. What in the world is a hump cabin???:rolleyes: Educate the likes of us newbies! LOL!!

Look these over for a sampling of what is available, these are from the 7 day Serenade to Alaska so they might be a little different then the Caribbean but you will get the idea. There is a ton of stuff to do besides eating and sleeping.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559570372yyTmbH

Thank you all! Very interesting!

Sue~ I've come across many of your replies and your information is astounding and very informative. :)

Another scrapbooker here! I did go to one of the scrapbook workshops on Adventure, and I was not impressed! They did proved a few cool diecuts...and I met a few really nice people, but the person who ran the workshop did not seem at all interested in the hobby. Perhaps it was just a bad day.

Now...I LOVE doing my first Cruise Album! I'm working on it very slowly because I want to savor my memories! What ever you do...take pictures of the "drink of the day". I have a big regret on that one. I also, in my excitement, failed to take pictures of our short time "standing in line waiting to board". I would have loved to had that! I also wish I had a photo of our wait-staff with our dinner table mates.

Perhaps we should have a scrapbook thread..."pictures you shouldn't forget to take"!

Okay...I don't know the lingo, and I've been coming across this "HUMP" cabin thing throughout CC. What in the world is a hump cabin???:rolleyes: Educate the likes of us newbies! LOL!!

If you look at the deck plans of a number of the RCCL ships, there is a "bulge" or "hump" near the center of the ship. Cabins located in this area have become known as "hump" cabins and are prized by some since they are (a) very centrally located; (b) have a slightly different view than the "average" balcony cabin (in fact, I've heard that from the balcony of a center hump cabin you can actually see both the front end [bow] and back end [stern] of the ship!)

If you look at the deck plans of a number of the RCCL ships, there is a "bulge" or "hump" near the center of the ship. Cabins located in this area have become known as "hump" cabins and are prized by some since they are (a) very centrally located; (b) have a slightly different view than the "average" balcony cabin (in fact, I've heard that from the balcony of a center hump cabin you can actually see both the front end [bow] and back end [stern] of the ship!)

Roofing Princess~ I checked out my ship. Couldn't see the detail, but I do have a balcony on the back of the ship on Deck 7 on Vision. Are there any nicknames for those?

Thanks for responding!

Not all activities have to be "activity"!

I love sitting & looking out over the ocean, reading a book or doing handwork....knitting, smocking, crocheting.

You will be surprised at the people who love to see what you are sewing on.....

Roofing Princess~ I checked out my ship. Couldn't see the detail, but I do have a balcony on the back of the ship on Deck 7 on Vision. Are there any nicknames for those?

Thanks for responding!

Those are called Aft cabins (on the aft of the ship) and are HIGHLY sought-after. If you do a search in this forum for your ship and the room number, you may find some photos of your exact room.

And there are TONS of things to do on the ship - I often have a hard time choosing because there is so much that I want to do that the activities often overlap. It's great because you really can do as much or as little as you want to do.

I second the www.cruisedailies.com vote - you will find out what types of activities are offered on your ship.

Archived