POA review

DALSAL

• Administrators

Thanks for posting your review, Dalsal! You confirmed the reviews I've read of the Outrigger on the beach -- I'd already decided next visit to Oahu we'll stay there, and you confirmed it. I also enjoyed comparing your experiences to ours, as we did a few of the same things and you were only two days ahead of us. We were lucky the day of our Haleakala sunrise trip; there was little wind and the temp. was about 50 degrees. It felt cold, but as I was standing by the railing I could see how with more wind and a lower temp. it would be amazingly cold up there! We saw the fog on Napali as well, but it's like it was chasing our ship -- you could see it closing in behind us. I'm glad you had such a good vacation; thanks again for sharing!

Thank you so much for yoru review. You sound like you really had good time. ONLY 5 more weeks to go for us.

I especiall paid attention to your NCL's Circle Island Tour. I debated alot over this tour (because our flight out is 10:15 pm) if we should do this tour or Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor would of taken us to the airport too early.

I'm glad you enjoyed Circle Island Tour and got to eat Shave ice. I think my boys will enjoy it.

ooops, forgot to ask you in earlier post...

What kind of food did you get on your Circle Island Tour?

Did they give you enough time to enjoy lunch, Pineapple Farm, and etc?

If you can, can you give little more details? Was it really on/off bus that you hardly had time off the bus?

Thank you.

P.S. I'm also glad you enjoyed the NCL's luau. I was also debating because everyone seem to like other luaus better.

ooops, forgot to ask you in earlier post...

What kind of food did you get on your Circle Island Tour?

Did they give you enough time to enjoy lunch, Pineapple Farm, and etc?

If you can, can you give little more details? Was it really on/off bus that you hardly had time off the bus?

Thank you.

P.S. I'm also glad you enjoyed the NCL's luau. I was also debating because everyone seem to like other luaus better.

Sometimes it was on and off the bus..but,if we saw something we wanted to stop for,and he could find a place to pull over,he did. We had a really good bufett style lunch,and Im sorry,I cant think of the name of the place right now.I know we had at least an hour.It was a big gift shop with a cafe at the other end.Really good bbq ribs,chicken etc..just make sure you grab a ton of napkins as they put a little too much (for me) sauce on the ribs! They also came around serving breads which were really good. I found some neat little gifts there in their shop..one thing was a small (purse size) pack of 10 scented sheets of paper soap.They were two dollars each and had several different scents. I bought Coco-Papaya and Plumeria..They also had some Kukui Glycerine soaps that are really nice..make sure you go in the bathroom and try them! I didnt buy any here because I had already bought some on one of my other stops.I think we had about an hour at Dole Plantaion.A lot of ppl got the dole whip (which I wanted),but I had just had a Shave Ice at our stop before Dole.And,Im sorry,I cant think of the name of this place either,but it was a great place to stop and window shop while eating the SI..it was huge!! But a really pretty place with lots of shade trees and quaint little shops.I felt that we had more than enough time at each place we stopped. I know sometimes he gave us longer than we actually used,so we tacked that extra time onto another stop. Im not sure if all of the drivers do this or not. Dot

Thank you so much for your review. I didn't think it was too long at all. I'm glad you had enough kleenex to make up for no toilet paper. What's that all about? Oh well, you didn't let it make or break your vacation. I'm going to go with your attitude. :)

LOL..I dont know about the TP..maybe the cruise before us used up some of our stock! Cause,I didnt start seeing any on the carts for about 3 days! :) And,they had to go down the hall and around the bend to get us a roll on day 2!

Oh, I thought you snagged some off the cart yourself. I had just told DH that I would do that if we needed some. :D

I did get one off the cart...after it took day 2 to get a roll..I had been looking at each cart and I decided to grab another roll the day I saw some on the cart. We go thru a LOT of TP !! :)

Another funny thing about that was the fact that they had 2 holders in the bathroom for the TP..she never took the old empty rolls off..ofcourse if she threw those away,she might have to put in refills! ha..and,I finally put one on toward the end of the cruise,and then there was NO trash can in the bathroom. I cant tell you how many times I went to throw something away in that bathroom and had to go out into the cabin to do so.Little things...:)

Thank you for the "heads up" on the paper soap. That'll be nice little gifts for office mates. Will have to keep an eye on them.

Sometimes it was on and off the bus..but,if we saw something we wanted to stop for,and he could find a place to pull over,he did. We had a really good bufett style lunch,and Im sorry,I cant think of the name of the place right now.I know we had at least an hour.It was a big gift shop with a cafe at the other end.Really good bbq ribs,chicken etc..just make sure you grab a ton of napkins as they put a little too much (for me) sauce on the ribs! They also came around serving breads which were really good. I found some neat little gifts there in their shop..one thing was a small (purse size) pack of 10 scented sheets of paper soap.They were two dollars each and had several different scents. I bought Coco-Papaya and Plumeria..They also had some Kukui Glycerine soaps that are really nice..make sure you go in the bathroom and try them! I didnt buy any here because I had already bought some on one of my other stops.I think we had about an hour at Dole Plantaion.A lot of ppl got the dole whip (which I wanted),but I had just had a Shave Ice at our stop before Dole.And,Im sorry,I cant think of the name of this place either,but it was a great place to stop and window shop while eating the SI..it was huge!! But a really pretty place with lots of shade trees and quaint little shops.I felt that we had more than enough time at each place we stopped. I know sometimes he gave us longer than we actually used,so we tacked that extra time onto another stop. Im not sure if all of the drivers do this or not. Dot

Another funny thing about that was the fact that they had 2 holders in the bathroom for the TP..she never took the old empty rolls off..ofcourse if she threw those away,she might have to put in refills! ha..and,I finally put one on toward the end of the cruise,and then there was NO trash can in the bathroom. I cant tell you how many times I went to throw something away in that bathroom and had to go out into the cabin to do so.Little things...:)

I'm learning so much for my upcoming cruise. Look for carts with t.p. :eek: , save shopping bag for bathroom trash :rolleyes: , and find those little paper soaps. :)

I just read there's plantation train ride at Dole Plantation and a maze.

Did you do train ride or the maze? Is there enough time to do both?

I think my M-I-L might enjoy the train rider through the plantation and my boys will like the maze so I'm hoping there's enough time to do both.

Thank you.

I think we had about an hour at Dole Plantaion.A lot of ppl got the dole whip (which I wanted),but I had just had a Shave Ice at our stop before Dole.And,Im sorry,I cant think of the name of this place either,but it was a great place to stop and window shop while eating the SI..it was huge!! But a really pretty place with lots of shade trees and quaint little shops.I felt that we had more than enough time at each place we stopped. I know sometimes he gave us longer than we actually used,so we tacked that extra time onto another stop. Im not sure if all of the drivers do this or not. Dot

If your tour bus gets there in time,you will have time to ride the train..we got there in time,and a lady did ride it..but I did not...it takes about 20 mins to ride and you buy the ticket once there...I did not go out and do the maze as it started sprinkling rain...Dot

Kona..we took the NCL Kona by Land and Sea.We loved it! We went to the Mokuaikaun Church,the oldest Christian church on the island,and it was beautiful inside! We also went to the Place of Refuge which we enjoyed very much.Beautiful grounds and it was fun watching the turtles.They were not sunning on the beach for us,but several were in the water close by.And,the boat ride was fun allowing us to see some beautiful sights by water.We enjoyed this excursion very much!

I started reading your review great review so far can't wiat to finish it. I have some questions so far, and I'm sure I will have more.

Were the turtles at the POR? Is there a beach there? Was the boatride at the POF also and was there a cost? I'm just a little confused on this section.

We are planning to visit the POR that's why I have so many questions.

Thanks

I started reading your review great review so far can't wiat to finish it. I have some questions so far, and I'm sure I will have more.

Were the turtles at the POR? Is there a beach there? Was the boatride at the POF also and was there a cost? I'm just a little confused on this section.

We are planning to visit the POR that's why I have so many questions.

Thanks

Im sorry for the confusion..The land portion of Kona by Land and Sea included the POF,and yes,the turtles were at the POF.THere is a small beach area that is roped off for the turtles to come up and sun themselves.We saw many large turtles around the waters edge..when we went,they were not on their nice little beach! The boat portion came after the land portion,so no boatride at POF,or if there is,I wasnt aware of it. Dot

Hi Dot,

Thanks for the review. I was wondering if the lava has started flowing again. I read that it was on the move, but don't know if it has reached the ocean. Did you see any flowing?

Vette

Hi Dot,

Thanks for the review. I was wondering if the lava has started flowing again. I read that it was on the move, but don't know if it has reached the ocean. Did you see any flowing?

Vette

NO,no lava flowing..I heard the only way you could see any movement at all was to helicopter over it and that it was only slight. But,I also heard that the last time this happened,it wasnt that long before it started flowing again..so,it might not be long now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was reading the description of the Kona by Land and Sea excursion and it said glass-bottom catamaran. Were you able to see sea-life?

Could you give little more description about this excursion?

What kind of lunch did they provide?

I was going to do Kona Beach Blast and now I'm reading that lunch is no longer included. I'm thinking of changing to Kona by Land and Sea instead but would like little more input.

Thank you.

I wrote my review tonight and its posted now..sorry for it taking me so long and also for it being so long! Dot

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30909

Archived