Cruising Out of NOLA - What to expect

injunjoe

Hello all....I will be sailing the Sensation out of NOLA in December. What kind of weather can be expected that time of year? How far into the gulf will we need to go before it begins to warm up? I am hoping that the day after setting sail that a little sunning can be done. Any comments?

Thnaks

We set sail on a western caribbean in January and were surprised how warm it was on most of the cruise. The first night we needed long pants and warm clothes. But by the following night we were wearing shorts and swimming in the pool. You do need a wind breaker when you are on the top deck sometimes, even in the summer. It gets pretty windy and if it rains you get easily chilled. We really brought too many warm clothes. You need a warm outfit for the first day and one for the last day when you dock. No matter what time of the year it is, it's always warm in the caribbean. So all you will need is clothes for the New Orleans area. We will be sailing on the Conquest on the 31st. Enjoy your cruise.

Our Winters are very mild compared to Missouri.(lived there once).As cruisingt said,the morning after departure will be warm so its shorts and t-shirts until the day you return.No need for heavy coats etc.Enjoy!

Crawfish_cook.gif Let's see what we can stir up!

SINSATION 10/23/04 firedevil.gif

CONQUEST 10/19/03

INSPIRATION 10/21/01

Our weather is VERY unpredictable down here, but usually have mild winters. (I have played touch-football in shorts and tee on Christmas day - have also had an ice storm on Christmas day of another year!) All I can tell you is to check our weather a few days before your cruise and dress accordingly.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

• 1 month later...

I have been coming to NO every December for the last many. It can be anything weather wise- one year in shorts. :) BUT add several days and take advantage of all the Christmas activities available. Wonderful FREE music everynight at the Cathedral- including Phillip Manual and Ellis Marcellus. :)

• 1 month later...
We'll be on the Sensation for the Dec. 13 sailing. Which one are you on?

kathy7558,

We are on the 12/4 sailing of the Sensation. It has been sold out for months and I would LOVE to find out what large group bought it up.

Injun Joe

Archived