Should I be concerned about an upgrade?

sherin65

Reading the recent posts about some cruisers being upgraded when they didn't want to be, being upgraded to an undesireable location, or being upgraded without their knowlege, has me a bit concerned.

We'll be booking Liberty 7/26/08 with several friends. We intend to put 4 of the teenagers in one cabin between our cabins. This is very important to us because we want to be able to keep tabs on them, make sure they are in the cabin on time at night, check the room, etc.

Is it possible that some of our party would get upgraded and thus be moved away from the rest of the group?

We would not be a group booking. We're booking individually.

Sher

Reading the recent posts about some cruisers being upgraded when they didn't want to be, being upgraded to an undesireable location, or being upgraded without their knowlege, has me a bit concerned.

We'll be booking Liberty 7/26/08 with several friends. We intend to put 4 of the teenagers in one cabin between our cabins. This is very important to us because we want to be able to keep tabs on them, make sure they are in the cabin on time at night, check the room, etc.

Is it possible that some of our party would get upgraded and thus be moved away from the rest of the group?

We would not be a group booking. We're booking individually.

Sher

If Carnival did upgrade any of you they would call you to let you know. If you don't want any upgrades though call your PVP or travel agent and have them make a notation that you don't want any upgrades.

If Carnival did upgrade any of you they would call you to let you know. If you don't want any upgrades though call your PVP or travel agent and have them make a notation that you don't want any upgrades.

Well, we all know THAT isn't true, LOL... They won't necessarily call you, as has been proven in the other thread...

If your cabins are linked because the kids are next door, you won't have a problem, they will move all of you.. the only way they let kids stay by themselves is if the parents are next door or across the hall. So you shouldn't have to worry, they aren't going to allow kids to stay without parents VERY nearby (ESPECIALLY 4 teenagers :eek: )

Well, we all know THAT isn't true, LOL... They won't necessarily call you, as has been proven in the other thread...

If your cabins are linked because the kids are next door, you won't have a problem, they will move all of you.. the only way they let kids stay by themselves is if the parents are next door or across the hall. So you shouldn't have to worry, they aren't going to allow kids to stay without parents VERY nearby (ESPECIALLY 4 teenagers :eek: )

I'm not sure I'd make this assumption. If the OP thinks it is very important that the kids be between the 2 other cabins, why not take the extra precaution of having the reservations noted that they will not accept upgrades/changes.

I'm not sure I'd make this assumption. If the OP thinks it is very important that the kids be between the 2 other cabins, why not take the extra precaution of having the reservations noted that they will not accept upgrades/changes.

LOL< they can do whatever they want... but Carnival has the rule in place for a reason... the ONLY way those kids can even be allowed in that cabin, is if they are adjoining the adults. But they are adults and can make any call they want, they don't need the permission of a cruise board, if it is that important to them, why not just call? :confused:

I've been concerned too, since reading that other thread. We booked a specific cabin for our Feb/08 cruise. Someone mentioned checking the room number daily on the Carnival website. How do I do that? Does it show only after I fill out the Fun Pass?

I've been concerned too, since reading that other thread. We booked a specific cabin for our Feb/08 cruise. Someone mentioned checking the room number daily on the Carnival website. How do I do that? Does it show only after I fill out the Fun Pass?

Did you book thru a TA or thru Carnival first of all. If you booked thru Carnival you need to add the booking # to your profile and then the site will welcome you back each time and tell you how many days until you cruise.

If you booked thru a TA you should be able to see the cabin # on your edocs....but you cant see edocs until after your final payment.

Archived