How late can you add someone to your cabin?

laginog

We were planning to do a family cruise next Summer with my 22-year-old nephew. He has decided to join the regular Army now instead of the Army Reserves. So...he won't be able to go next Summer. We are criusing with some friends next month and will be back before he leaves. So...I'd like to take him now. The ship has no cabins left but we have a quad cabin with only 3 of us. I told him it would be "tight" but he didn't mind...and neither do we since we might get to spend more time with him before he leaves!! I had e-mailed my TA a week or so ago and she said she could try to get him into our cabin, once we decide for sure. But...is it too late? When is the latest we can add him? We sail in 36 days. He needs to talk to his recruiter and make sure his plans are solid before I put the money out on his booking fare and plane ticket.

but I would definitely play up the enlisted man card. Call Princess or your TA and tell them he just enlisted and will be away a long time, and is selflessly giving of himself for his country and yada yada yada. Since you already have a quad maybe they will be generous with you. :o

I don't see it as much of a problem, if you have a quad, they shouldn't make too big of a fuss, call and ask.

We were planning to do a family cruise next Summer with my 22-year-old nephew. He has decided to join the regular Army now instead of the Army Reserves. So...he won't be able to go next Summer. We are criusing with some friends next month and will be back before he leaves. So...I'd like to take him now. The ship has no cabins left but we have a quad cabin with only 3 of us. I told him it would be "tight" but he didn't mind...and neither do we since we might get to spend more time with him before he leaves!! I had e-mailed my TA a week or so ago and she said she could try to get him into our cabin, once we decide for sure. But...is it too late? When is the latest we can add him? We sail in 36 days. He needs to talk to his recruiter and make sure his plans are solid before I put the money out on his booking fare and plane ticket.

We added my daughter less than a month prior to our Sapphire cruise in June. There were no cabins available but our mini- suite could accomadate 3 so there was no problem adding her. I called my online agent and she contacted Princess with me on hold. The whole process took less than 15 minutes.

BOOK NOW! I have tryed to add my father to my upcoming cruise (mom just passed) and the ship is too full to add him in my cabin. Although my cabin will hold 3, the fire hazard is to capacity. Good luck :o

The info about capacity control will be the tell tale answer. If the ships numbers dont allow it then it wont matter that you have a triple or quad cabin. It is best to add the 3rd and 4th right away as you can cancel them anytime up to cruise date with no penalty. Yes that is no penalty. I double checked with several sources on that one including Princess corporate office.. Most reps will give you wrong info saying that they are subject to a penalty. :)

Colo Cruiser, I need clarification on the "no Penalty" cancellation. Is it because he is military, or because he was added late, or because he will be the 4th in a quad cabin? I thought there was a penalty after final payment and would like to know exactly how the no penalty works. Thanks!

No it pertains to any 3rd or 4th person in the cabin. You will not loose any portion of the deposit or fare. I know that there will be a dispute on this but I think I have verified it thru the correct channels. It does not make sense to me why they would not charge a cancelation fee of some kind, but I am not complaining. I hope this helps. :)

I think that the bottom line is PASSENGER CAPACITY, and it may not matter if you have a quad cabin. If the ship is at its "Passenger Capacity", no more passengers will be added. Call your TA right away to see if it is possible to add him. I'm not clear on the cancellation penalty though, since you are under 70 days out. IMO, you would have to pay it, and it would probably be 50% up until 7 days out, at which time it would be 100%. Not sure about a militaary exclusion, though. Good luck!

Archived