Question about Carnival Glory - Azure Lido Pool

BelizePlease

Hello!

The past two Carnival ships we've been on...the Legend and the Pride (same layouts)...had Adults-Only pools at the back of the ship. We loooooooooooved that!

This coming spring we're thinking of cruising on the Glory. I see that they have a pool near the back, the Azure pool. I don't recall reading it anywhere - so I'm sure it's not - but is it by any chance an Adults-only area? Also...it appears to have the ability to be a closed area (roof). Do they keep it open unless there is rain?

Please don't say to cruise when there are less children...as we are stuck going on Spring Break each year because there is a teacher in our group!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello!

The past two Carnival ships we've been on...the Legend and the Pride (same layouts)...had Adults-Only pools at the back of the ship. We loooooooooooved that!

This coming spring we're thinking of cruising on the Glory. I see that they have a pool near the back, the Azure pool. I don't recall reading it anywhere - so I'm sure it's not - but is it by any chance an Adults-only area? Also...it appears to have the ability to be a closed area (roof). Do they keep it open unless there is rain?

Please don't say to cruise when there are less children...as we are stuck going on Spring Break each year because there is a teacher in our group!

That is the adult pool on the Glory. The retractable roof is closed at night as well as when it rains........... but ............. it NEVER rains in paradise. Right?

Hello!

We were on the Glory last Sept. and the Azure Pool Deck IS the Adult Pool area. Keep in mind though, that even though there a signs posted, we had kids in the pool (not as many as the Lido Deck though). They did however, enforce the No Kids in the Hot Tub, which is right next to the pool. It was our favorite spot on the ship and spend ALL our sea days there!!

Hello!

I see you have been on the Legend (2) times! We are going in 5 weeks. Can you tell me where the Adult Pool Deck is on the ship? We are planning a Meet & Greet and was hoping to meet there.

I see you have been on the Legend (2) times! We are going in 5 weeks. Can you tell me where the Adult Pool Deck is on the ship? We are planning a Meet & Greet and was hoping to meet there.

Back of the ship... AFT pool

Thanks everyone! :D

Yes...even though the area (on Pride and Legend) is not Adults-only...when kids can't be in the pool or hot tubs...they tend to stay in other areas! :)

Sadly that has not been our experience... some ships it has been worse than others on though. Especially those that put eating areas near the adults only pool...

Sadly that has not been our experience... some ships it has been worse than others on though. Especially those that put eating areas near the adults only pool...

Either way...an Adults-Only pool with a kid-friendly area is better than no Adults-Only pool! :cool:

We too cruise during spring break; but this is our last year...our youngest son will be a senior...YEAH :) We sailed the Glory this year and are doing it again in 2008. Lots of kids around the pool area because....that is where the grill and pizza are!

Here is a picture of the pool on a sea day:

2993426080064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

And from up one deck looking across the pool below, towards the aft; the deck back there is very quiet .

2389705730064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Exactly..the pizza station, ice cream and hamburger's are right next to the pool on the Glory. We only had (1) day where there were kids in the pool. They were well behaved so we didn't say anything.

We sailed the Glory late March 2007:D . I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but sadly, that was the pool and hot tubs where the "tweens" hung out. It was very convenient due to the grill and pizza station right there. In the evenings, Camp Carnival held a lot of their activities near the Azure pool for that age group. I admit, my son was one of those kids in the hot tub:eek: . Nobody enforced the "Adult Only" rules that week. There were TONS of kids (of all ages) on our cruise. It was great for us because we were traveling with our kids. We had such a super vacation that we are thinking about booking for Spring Break 2008!!

We sailed the Glory late March 2007:D . I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but sadly, that was the pool and hot tubs where the "tweens" hung out. It was very convenient due to the grill and pizza station right there. In the evenings, Camp Carnival held a lot of their activities near the Azure pool for that age group. I admit, my son was one of those kids in the hot tub:eek: . Nobody enforced the "Adult Only" rules that week. There were TONS of kids (of all ages) on our cruise. It was great for us because we were traveling with our kids. We had such a super vacation that we are thinking about booking for Spring Break 2008!!

No issues here! - we have no qualms enforcing the "adult only" rules during the times we're at the pool. :D

And at night...we're not interested in the Pizza Station. Unless the pizza station is selling drinks! :cool:

We just got off of the glory. There were "adults only" signs posted in front of the hot tubs, but I did not see one posted near the pool. Maybe the signs were supposed to be for the pool and hot tubs. I did see kids in the pool, but not as many as the other 2 pool areas. It seemed a bit less rowdy than the main pool area.

We sailed on Glory in June...loved it! The adult only pool and hot tubs are at the tail end of the ship, but the staff did a poor job of enforcing the policy. :( In fact I don't recall ever seeing anyone instruct the kids to leave...but by far there were less kids here then the other pools. On the one day it rain (last sea day) they did close the roof...opened it once we passed through the storm. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hello!

Well, the pool itself was not adults only, however the adjacent two hot tubs were SUPPOSED TO BE. Still, there were kids in there. If the kids were well behaved, no one complained. Yet, while we were in there, someone from security actually did come by and make the kid leave.

BnB

We sailed on Glory in June...loved it! The adult only pool and hot tubs are at the tail end of the ship' date=' but the staff did a poor job of enforcing the policy. :( In fact I don't recall ever seeing anyone instruct the kids to leave...but by far there were less kids here then the other pools. On the one day it rain (last sea day) they did close the roof...opened it once we passed through the storm. Enjoy your cruise. :)[/quote']

I don't leave it to the staff... our group has NO PROBLEM telling the parents and the kids that the pool/hot tub is adults only. If that doesn't work (the parents are usually idiots that think their little darlings can do whatever they want and the rules don't apply to them :rolleyes: ) We have no problem alerting security, who will come and remove them from the pool/hot tub... It's completely irresponsible for a parent to allow their child to break the rules (ESPECIALLY using the excuse that "others are doing it too... that sounds too much like the excuse the child would use :rolleyes: )

We had an issue on the Fantasy where the mother got EXTREMELY upset that we called security... after we politely told her children that the pool was adults only... she called us "tattle tales" ROFLMAO (couldn't be that we were ADULTS looking forward to the ADULTS ONLY pool, MINUS her screaming children could it??).... It was rather humorous some of the names she called, and the shouting match that she proceeded to have (she just oozed class :p) They were "ejected" from the pool area... and all was right with the world again.

No issues here! - we have no qualms enforcing the "adult only" rules during the times we're at the pool. :D

And at night...we're not interested in the Pizza Station. Unless the pizza station is selling drinks! :cool:

Good luck.....

To be honest I just got off the Glory and had no idea there was an adult only pool. I tend to hang out in the back of the ship as it is quiet. I spent a good part of my at sea days cooling off in this pool and I dont recall ever seeing a sign that indicated "Adult Only" There were plenty of kids on this cruise and many enjoyed that pool as well. All 3 at sea days there was ship security standing in the area most of the day and never once did I see then say anything to anyone...including myself, who entered that pool with my 15yr old son. I did see them remove a few kids from the hot tubs but that was it. Overall that pool is alittle smaller so I didnt find it attracted alot of kids, better look for a sign before attempting to enforce a rule that may not exist.

Note: Look at the prev posts pic....sure looks like there may be a kid or 2 in that pool and dont think for a minute that the kid standing there when the pic was taken isnt getting ready to jump in.

Good luck.....

To be honest I just got off the Glory and had no idea there was an adult only pool. I tend to hang out in the back of the ship as it is quiet. I spent a good part of my at sea days cooling off in this pool and I dont recall ever seeing a sign that indicated "Adult Only" There were plenty of kids on this cruise and many enjoyed that pool as well. All 3 at sea days there was ship security standing in the area most of the day and never once did I see then say anything to anyone...including myself, who entered that pool with my 15yr old son. I did see them remove a few kids from the hot tubs but that was it. Overall that pool is alittle smaller so I didnt find it attracted alot of kids, better look for a sign before attempting to enforce a rule that may not exist.

Note: Look at the prev posts pic....sure looks like there may be a kid or 2 in that pool and dont think for a minute that the kid standing there when the pic was taken isnt getting ready to jump in.

The signs are typically pretty small... and the capers will generally tell you which one is designated for adults (I know on one of the ships, the midship Lido pool, not the main one, was designated adults only...) Here is an example fo the sign, it's the little blue sign beside the toddler who was soon ejected from the pool (note, his father must have been blind, or perhaps dropped out of school in 2nd grade never learning to read???)

Miracle-1.jpg

That is the point... many parents allow their kids in the adults only pools/hot tubs... it doesn't make it right. Just because there is a picture of kids doing it, doesn't make it right. And thankfully there ARE people that will alert security to make the pools and hot tubs more enjoyable for the adults that want to use them. Certainly if we all went and invaded the childrens pool, something would be said to us :rolleyes: Not sure who would WANT their kids in an adults only area anyway... probably the same ones that let their kids run wild all over the ship without a care in the world.

That is the point... many parents allow their kids in the adults only pools/hot tubs... it doesn't make it right. Just because there is a picture of kids doing it, doesn't make it right. And thankfully there ARE people that will alert security to make the pools and hot tubs more enjoyable for the adults that want to use them. Certainly if we all went and invaded the childrens pool, something would be said to us :rolleyes: Not sure who would WANT their kids in an adults only area anyway... probably the same ones that let their kids run wild all over the ship without a care in the world.

Your point is heard loud and clear....unfortunately you missed mine, while attempting to yell yours!

My point is this....this was my 6th cruise with Carnival, I dont recall ever seeing a sign at the aft pool that it was or is an adult pool. Ive never looked for it, but dont recall seeing it. I also found it interesting that Carnival employs security near the pools and yet they dont enforce it, again making me question if this truely is an adult pool. The reality is all the pools are close in size...small and really not made to swim, just cool off. I think proper ediquette for all is to jump in cool off and get out so others can enjoy. That is what I teach my children, courtesy to others.

I do believe in following rules...my children are well aware that the hot tub is for those over 18 and why. They never even attempt to get in. If, on our next cruise I find that the aft pool is clearly marked Adults only...then you can bet we will abide by that rule as well. I believe there are many who are not aware that this may be an adult pool and that was my point with pointing out the kids in the prev pics.

Your point is heard loud and clear....unfortunately you missed mine, while attempting to yell yours!

My point is this....this was my 6th cruise with Carnival, I dont recall ever seeing a sign at the aft pool that it was or is an adult pool. Ive never looked for it, but dont recall seeing it. I also found it interesting that Carnival employs security near the pools and yet they dont enforce it, again making me question if this truely is an adult pool. The reality is all the pools are close in size...small and really not made to swim, just cool off. I think proper ediquette for all is to jump in cool off and get out so others can enjoy. That is what I teach my children, courtesy to others.

I do believe in following rules...my children are well aware that the hot tub is for those over 18 and why. They never even attempt to get in. If, on our next cruise I find that the aft pool is clearly marked Adults only...then you can bet we will abide by that rule as well. I believe there are many who are not aware that this may be an adult pool and that was my point with pointing out the kids in the prev pics.

Yelling would have been typing in bold, or all caps... I did neither ;) How are you assuming I was yelling? Because I replied to you? :confused: I wasn't arguing with you, just pointing out that sometimes you can't see the signs unless you are in, or very near the pool (that blue can blend in :p)

I agree with jumping in, cooling off and getting out... but you know very well that kids don't follow that logic. So they not only get IN the adults only pools, they stay, and they splash, and they yell, and they run... this is why people get so upset. And this is why many won't hesitate to alert security and have them moved to a pool that allows kids.

I'm sure there are people that don't know which pools are marked adults only, but the signs are posted in several places around the pool, most really just don't pay attention, when they should. Like the gentleman (and I use the term loosely) in the picture above, who was standing RIGHT beside the ADULTS ONLY sign in the pool, and if he didn't see the sign, he wasn't watching his kid... he saw the sign and chose to ignore it.

Not all hot tubs are adults only... only the ones marked as such.

Yelling would have been typing in bold, or all caps... I did neither ;) How are you assuming I was yelling? Because I replied to you? :confused: I wasn't arguing with you, just pointing out that sometimes you can't see the signs unless you are in, or very near the pool (that blue can blend in :p)

I agree with jumping in, cooling off and getting out... but you know very well that kids don't follow that logic. So they not only get IN the adults only pools, they stay, and they splash, and they yell, and they run... this is why people get so upset. And this is why many won't hesitate to alert security and have them moved to a pool that allows kids.

I'm sure there are people that don't know which pools are marked adults only, but the signs are posted in several places around the pool, most really just don't pay attention, when they should. Like the gentleman (and I use the term loosely) in the picture above, who was standing RIGHT beside the ADULTS ONLY sign in the pool, and if he didn't see the sign, he wasn't watching his kid... he saw the sign and chose to ignore it.

Not all hot tubs are adults only... only the ones marked as such.

The point of this site is not for you and I to argue...you did use caps.

This site is for people to learn....Ive been on this site for yrs and have found that over the last few months people seem to be alittle more assertive than in the past. We are all here just trying to share and learn for a better cruising experience. The OP's questions just made me start to think about an "adult only" pool and that I was not aware of this. I will certainly look next time to be sure as I do respect having some space to call our own.

The point of this site is not for you and I to argue...you did use caps.

This site is for people to learn....Ive been on this site for yrs and have found that over the last few months people seem to be alittle more assertive than in the past. We are all here just trying to share and learn for a better cruising experience. The OP's questions just made me start to think about an "adult only" pool and that I was not aware of this. I will certainly look next time to be sure as I do respect having some space to call our own.

Wow! LOL! I didn't think we were arguing. I used CAPS like most people use CAPS when doing only a few words, it is for emphasis, not for yelling... just like you emphasis when you talk... I type, how I talk. You use ALL caps when you are shouting... intermittent for emphasis. I think you are taking things WAY (for emphasis, please don't think I'm yelling) too personally. I was referring to people that allow their children to break the rules... I thought we were having a conversation, but you are being way too defensive.

I have been the same person for the past 4 years on this board... assertive? Because I stated my opinion on this rule and the idiot parents that allow their kids to break the rules (I even posted a picture of this happening)... but you are acting as if I were attacking you, when I was simply stating my observations and opinions... and that is now considered arguing?

I am THRILLED:) to learn there is an adult pool/hot tub on the Glory! We are in a cabin on that deck in Sept. (Panorama) and will be spending a LOT of time there. Thanks for all the info.

We always cruise in Sept. because there are virtually no children (maybe saw 5 or 6 the whole week last year), and if booked early the prices are GREAT!

I think the point that is trying to be made is that if you're in a confined area ( the ship ) for 7 days with 3000+ people, we ALL need to follow "the rules". Otherwise, there would be no semblance of order. Would you push your way into the buffet, ignore the dinner lines and just walk ahead of everyone in line, use your bare hands to get food off the buffet, take pictures on the topless deck, sneak drinks to your teenager, ... the list goes on. Adults only means adults only, and teaching your children to be respectful members of society is a great gift to them. Children learn by example.:o

Happy Cruising to ALL(not yelling)!

Lisa:p

Archived