EZcruise parking

Rita

I noticed on the Conquest reviews that several had used EZ cruise parking and it was quite a bit cheaper than the $80 or $90 I had paid before- If you have used this parking what are your thoughts on it and would you recommend using it- We will be cruising on September 9th

I haven't used them yet but I've made my reservation on line for my September cruise.

Cost $50 for the week on line saving $10. They take you and your luggage to the cruise terminal and bring you back.

The lot is just a very few blocks from the terminal. Seems like a great deal to me.

Iv used them several times and like them a lot and feel my car is safe, even though it gets very dusty. They say they have someone on the lots 24 hours a day to watch the vehicles.

They also run their shuttles back and forth all the time and are there waiting or you can find a guy in a bright orange shirt to ask when you get off the ship to take you back. If you arrive past say 11 a.m. you will probably have to park in the 2nd lot which some dont like, I never had to park there.

Online is $5 off, but I wait until the night before to pay and print my parking receipt.

Used them and things were fine.

We dropped off most of our party & luggage at the terminal, then the two drivers (we had two cars) went and parked. They walked from the lot and it took maye 6-7 minutes to walk.

You can pay extra to have them cover your car so it is not so dusty/dirty.

I have used them (the Galveston location).It was great. My car was fine and I felt safe leaving it there. It was locked and patroled. No problems. It was less expensive then parking at the dock and it was just a block away. They shuttle your luggage and you and if you reserve online there is a 'discount' also, I have already booked and paid for my January 2008 parking and got an additonal 10 bucks off. 4 nights for only $30. You cant beat that.

I would book it right now! We used it last year for spring break... not only was it cheaper, but it's a lot less chaotic that the port parking. The lot is fenced off (with barbed wire on top) has adequate lighting, and has a security guard there 24x7. You can go on the Galveston chamber of commerce page, and get an online discount I think. They bus you to the port (bring a buck or two to tip the bus driver... they are locals, and are really nice).

I just checked the EZCruise website. They are still offering the regular discount for reserving online, *Plus* the 'summer special' of an andditional $10 off for booking and paying in advance online. I have used them twice and am completely comfortable using their website and lots..

Is the dock parking not a good choice? I only see posts about EZCruise. How close is it to the terminal than EZCruise? I know they will not shuttle you with your luggage . And I know they are more expensive, but those things aside, what are other pros and cons of the dock parking?

Is the dock parking not a good choice? I only see posts about EZCruise. How close is it to the terminal than EZCruise? I know they will not shuttle you with your luggage . And I know they are more expensive, but those things aside, what are other pros and cons of the dock parking?

EZCruise shuttles you and all your luggage. I see some here who walk over but I have only seen folks with tons of luggages that EZCruise shuttled over to the port with no complaints and dropped you off at the port near porters ready to help.

Its cheaper, thats why folks use it than port parking and you are taken right to the dock with your luggage which you dont get at the port parking. Why would you want to park at the port?

Dang it! I already paid, and missed the summer special!

Firefly, is there a reason you wait until the last minute? I was told it was better to book early so that they didn't fill up. I don't know if that was good advice or not. LOL

Dang it! I already paid, and missed the summer special!

Firefly, is there a reason you wait until the last minute? I was told it was better to book early so that they didn't fill up. I don't know if that was good advice or not. LOL

I went and looked and the special is only for the Ecstasy, not for any other ships including the Conquest.

Even when there were 6 full time ships I never had a problem booking parking the night before. Now that Galveston is down to 2 full time Carnival cruises and a 3 1/2 months RCI ship, I doubt its going to fill up?

I just dont want to have to worry about losing the receipt for parking so I do it the night or two beforehand. Iv never even had to park in the 2nd parking lot, I get there usually by 10:30 in the morning and get a good parking space. I start printing things out the last week, the fun passes and the parking and doing my serious packing. I have things set aside for cruising so packing doesnt take long.

Me, I dont understand the attraction of paying so far in advance. Iv been on Ecstasy, Princess Grand and the Rhapsody so far out of Galveston, so Im not real experienced but never had a problem. They have two lots. Why are you worrying about them filling up? They probably have a lot less folks parking now that half the ships are gone from Galveston.

I have two Ecstasys and one Conquest booked in the future out of Galveston. Hoping to get a better last minute deal on voyager in the spring.

I noticed on the Conquest reviews that several had used EZ cruise parking and it was quite a bit cheaper than the $80 or $90 I had paid before- If you have used this parking what are your thoughts on it and would you recommend using it- We will be cruising on September 9th

We parked there when cruising the Ecstasy ... great deal! As others have said, good location, transportation to and from port, and cheaper.

Firefly, Thanks for the info. It is not that I want to park at the port parking, I just like to weigh all the odds and know what the options are. I cruised Ecstasy last year at the same time, but was dropped off by DH whom was not traveling with me. So I only have the input of these wonderful people like yourself, to help me know what is available.

There is another offsite parking, cant remember their name as iv always used EZ but I hear they are very good too, not to mention some hotels allow you free parking. One of the fellow cruisers on Rhapsody said he stays at a hotel he paid $79 this last time and grumbled it had gone up and they have free parking.

Galveston is so much cheaper as far as parking and hotels and ease to me that even though Fastasy is cheaper I keep going back to Galveston.

Unfortunately next cruise Im going to Florida and driving and Port Canaveral Parking is $12 a day. Galveston sure has spoiled me. Im just trying to pick up a couple of quick cruise credits toward platinum on RCI.

We used EZ Cruise with no complaints. We will probably use them again in October. I dropped off the luggage and my husband. My son and I parked the car. It was taking a while to get a shuttle, so we just walked to the ship.

How does EZCruise parking work when you get back? Are there long lines waiting for the shuttle back to their lot? Just wondering... we've used the terminal parking on both of our previous cruises, and are going to use an off-site one this time and wondered what to expect on debarkation day. It's enough of a bummer to have to go home, much less to have to wait in line! :o

Thanks!

How does EZCruise parking work when you get back? Are there long lines waiting for the shuttle back to their lot? Just wondering... we've used the terminal parking on both of our previous cruises, and are going to use an off-site one this time and wondered what to expect on debarkation day. It's enough of a bummer to have to go home, much less to have to wait in line! :o

Thanks!

We did the self debark so we were off fairly early. I don't remember the wait for the shuttle being bad. It seems like it was pretty quick.

Used EZ 4 times, had no major problems. On one of our Grand cruises, we had to wait until almost noon before they started shuttling us to the ship, so after that we drop off people and luggage, and have the drivers just walk back - it's only about a 5-7 minute walk, all sidewalk. Would definitely use them again, but we don't use their shuttles anymore.

Thanks!

Never been very many waiting with us for the shuttle. Once one man was having a fit and claimed it had already been 15 minutes, get that shuttle here NOW. Boy was he impatient. There are two terminals and the shuttle was still picking up at the other building before it got to us the guy in orange said.

Just come out and look for a guy in a bright orange tee shirt, cant miss them.

Unfortunately next cruise Im going to Florida and driving and Port Canaveral Parking is $12 a day. Galveston sure has spoiled me. Im just trying to pick up a couple of quick cruise credits toward platinum on RCI.

We drove a few months ago, there is a wealth of info in the thread "I work in Port Canaveral".

We stayed at Country Inn, we could see the ship from our room, free parking, very low cost shuttle to the port. There's a Radisson next door to Country Inn--same deal.

I booked a hotel in Orlando in April, but thanks I have seen that thread.

Just need to pack, everything is paid for. Maybe next year I will follow the suggestions and stay near the port insead of in Orlando. I have 3 days booked in Orlando this trip.

Archived