Bonaire Underwater Cam

Randall,

Isn't it cool...... There's no rhyme or reason to the divers and when they'll show up.....I know it's usually after 10 a.m. pst for me and then I've never seen them after 2 p.m. pst...... I feel the need to go to Bonaire:D lol...... I've caught divers but never caught the actual cleaning... But one time I saw, but also wasn't quick enough, a diver doing photography and was aiming her camera directly at the cam.... Fingers just didn't work that quick......lol........

Now, can you I.D. these fish? These I can't quite figure out....

The fish I am trying to I.D. is this reddish one. I know you can't see his head.

whatfishisthis.jpg

There's 2 here..... The bluish one in the middle and the yellowish one

whichfish.jpg

Then the one by the lower ad on the left. They have me confused.

ads.jpg

Randall,

Isn't it cool...... There's no rhyme or reason to the divers and when they'll show up.....I know it's usually after 10 a.m. pst for me and then I've never seen them after 2 p.m. pst...... I feel the need to go to Bonaire:D lol...... I've caught divers but never caught the actual cleaning... But one time I saw, but also wasn't quick enough, a diver doing photography and was aiming her camera directly at the cam.... Fingers just didn't work that quick......lol........

Now, can you I.D. these fish? These I can't quite figure out....

The fish I am trying to I.D. is this reddish one. I know you can't see his head.

whatfishisthis.jpg

There's 2 here..... The bluish one in the middle and the yellowish one

whichfish.jpg

Then the one by the lower ad on the left. They have me confused.

ads.jpg

The top picture is the back of a creolefish (spots gave it away)

The middle picture is of a spanish hogfish (blue/yellow), the one coming through the reef looks like a bar jack

The bottom picture fish near the ad is the "front" of the creole fish. :O)

Reef fish guide pays for itself again!

Randall

P.S. the guy who cleaned the camera had a buddy doing photography. As the cleaner swam past the camera, the photographer tried to grab his fin and pointed at an eel that swam out of the crevass on the right.

Hey Randall,

Thanks a million.... The only I had right was the bar jack...... lol.... My little caribbean reef guide doesn't have all the fish.... Thanks...

Oh man, missed the eel..... though a friend thought she saw one on their once but wasn't sure.... Just love this cam....

Hey Randall,

Thanks a million.... The only I had right was the bar jack...... lol.... My little caribbean reef guide doesn't have all the fish.... Thanks...

Oh man, missed the eel..... though a friend thought she saw one on their once but wasn't sure.... Just love this cam....

I have a full reef guide (I use it to identify all the creatures and fish on my underwater picture website (www.randallgamby.com)). My goal is to get a picture of every fish in the Caribbean (got a good start on this). You shouldn't miss the eel if it goes by, it looked like a chain eel (yellow and black). It was a small one though.

r

P.S. this reminds me of when I was on a liveaboard in Belize. I'm not normally into solo diving but my dive buddy wanted to take a nap instead of the afternoon dive, so I asked if I could go off the stern of the boat (it was only in about 20ft.) and sit on the bottom to check out the fish on the reef (the dive master was hanging over the side watching bubbles in case anyone had problems so my dive buddy was 20ft. away, just up instead of horizontal to me). I sat there about 5 minutes just sitting in the sand looking around and all of a sudden I think every fish on the reef came out of their hiding places and swam around me for about 45 minutes.

Gee,

I watched the site for about 15 minutes and saw:

Saregent Majors

Cardinal Fish

A smooth trunk fish

A school of creole wrasses

A school of brown chromis

A school of blue chromis

A trumpetfish

A yellowtail damselfish

The ever present bi-color damselfish

A creole fish

Schoolmaster snappers

Yellow snappers

Yellowhead wrasse

Blue tangs

Bar Jacks

This is better than an aquarium and there's no fences. :)

Randall

I'm glad you all are enjoying this site too.... I put it on the Scuba section and no response.... So thought I'd try here.....I enjoy it.... Practicing my fish I.D. with this....lol...... I love when I see the divers. It's great......Enjoy:D

I'm glad you all are enjoying this site too.... I put it on the Scuba section and no response.... So thought I'd try here.....I enjoy it.... Practicing my fish I.D. with this....lol...... I love when I see the divers. It's great......Enjoy:D

Hi,

I got on about 8:00pm Eastern time and there was a night diver flashing around with his light (about the only thing you could see). I wanted to get a picture but he was too quick with his scanning. :)

Randall

Cruzegirl, you have a lot of people addicted. My boss snuck up behind me friday afternoon while I had it on my computer. I had to forward the website to him.

Randall, I peeked at your website. Amazing pictures. If you love colourful fish, you should consider a cruise to Tahiti. I'm just a snorkeler, but the fish I saw was amazing.

I was in Bonaire only once on a cruise and the snorkelling was terrific. The diving is probably fantastic.

Dot,

I hear you......I'm addicted too.....lol....... My own marine aquarium.... I love it...... There's alos a wreck reef cam in Bonaire but the site is down right now.....I'll post the link when it's up/running.... Enjoy..:D

I just saw 2 divers swimming in front of the camera and they had on birthday hats and they pulled a banner between them that said happy birthday, and they showed a birthday bag with balloons on it. It lasted for about 5 minutes. I am addicted to this camera and have passed it on to several others. Thanks for the link.

Archived