question about "car park" at Heathrow

poss

A car service has quoted us a rate for a transfer from the airport to our cruise port. The rate does not include whatever the "car park" costs, which is extra. I'm hoping that someone can give me at least a ballpark sense of what that "extra" might amount to. (I know I can ask the company itself, but I'd rather hear from other sources. I tried to find the info on a website, but didn't have any luck.) Thanks much.

Thanks for replying, Jane; but I'm still confused. I.e. I don't need a car park myself, but I do need some sense of what the costs of a car park would be so that I can get a clearer idea of what my transfer will cost. The quote from the transfer service reads "79.00 BP plus car park." What does "plus car park" mean? (How much does it add on to the cost of the transfer?)

Thanks again.

Maybe they mean the cost of parking the car you're using at Heathrow while you're unloading?

I know that with all the recent security incidents in the UK (e.g. burning cars being driven into the terminal entrance at Glasgow) there are now restrictions on using the 'drop off' zones that used to be available: all cars arriving at airports now have to park, and that costs, of course.

Got it!

Short Stay

30 minutes - £2.10

1 hour - £3.70

90 minutes - £5.30

2 hours - £6.80

3 hours - £9.50

4 hours - £12.50

6 hours - £18.50

12 hours - £35.20

Depends on how long the driver has to wait for you - they can pay as they leave.

Jane

x

Perfect! Just the info I was looking for. Thanks so much.

(And I'm glad to read that things are beginning to dry out a bit in GB. I'm so sorry all those folks have had to suffer so much from the torrents. Not fun!)

Archived