Friends of Bill W.

Yes they do. When we were on Navigator, there were several meetings listed in the daily program - don't know if its everyday or not, but they did announce meetings. Same on Mariner and Voyager.

I'm pretty sure they have a meeting every day, unless no friends are on board.

Bill W. or Bill Wilson is the co-founder of AA. It is an on board meeting for those who may find it difficult to remain members under a vacation situation or just need to talk to others in this regard.

I think my main motivation for seeking out a meeting would be a way to help me to continue to be the best person I can be under possibly stressful situations. I'm reasonably confident I wouldn't be tempted to drink, but actually drinking wasn't my problem rather my solution to my inability to live life on life's terms. As much as I adore my wife, it could be a challenge for both of us being around each other virtually 24/7 for more than a week.

Sorry for the possibly not cruise related rant. :)

Not at all. Acloholism is largely a chemically-induced disease, according o a psychiatrist friend of mine. Of course, not always so, as there than be alcholism caused by situational stress, depression, and all that. But the true alchololics are suffering from a disease, just like any other disease. And they should not be discriminated against any more than anyone else who has a disease (which is not at all). But there have been "Friends of Bill W." meetings on all Regent cruises We've been on -- and that is a bunch. So if you book Regent, expect to find these meetings.

But I am a bit surprised that anybody would find a cruise to be a "stresful situation" that would cause one to drink to excess. We go on cruises to get away from such stressful situations! If I am willing to cope with stressful situations (by whatever means) I can just stay home, and, belive me, they are here!

Sugarfoots,

On all the cruiselines that I have been on (HAL, Oceania, Regent, Celebrity, RCCL) there are always Friends of Bill W. Meetings. There are actually some specialty cruises and some Club Med type of vacations that are put together just for Friends of Bill and Lois.. A dear friend of ours cruises regularly and he has sailed Regent. The small size may mean that there are no other passegers who qualify. He told us that he goes every day because you never know who will show up that didn't the day before.

Keep it Simple!

Archived