parking in NY

DaveC426913

How is the traffic in NYC on a Sat. am to noon? That's when we plan on arriving in Sept.

Sunday is usually lightest, but Saturday morning is much better than a weekday morning.

If you are arriving before noon, you may hit some traffic, but that will still give you plenty of time to get aboard.

Nope. I'm on the Victory 08/03 - 08/11.

Thanks.

$24/day works out to $144 for a 6 day trip!

Dave, I'm on the same cruise but mine leaves on the 4th. :D

I just checked their web site and they don't charge by the amount of days. They state that "Cruises up to 7 nights $24.00 per night" and that includes taxes.

So if the info is correct you only pay for 5 nights and that would work out to 120 dollars unless you plan to get there a day ahead of time on the 3rd. :D

By the way, did you hear that the Victory hit the pier on the way into port today? I'm not sure if it went back out but they claim it was going to go back out at 4:00 PM

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_214124118.html

(CBS) NEW YORK The Carnival Victory, a cruise ship carrying 45 hundred people returning from a 5-day trip to Canada arrived with a bang this morning, literally, hitting the pier as it attempted to dock.

The passenger ship was just about to dock in the harbor around 7 this morning when it apparently misjudged the distance, causing a jolt on board when it hit the pier at the Passenger Ship Terminal on the West Side Highway in Manhattan.

There is damage to the bow and the passenger terminal as a result of the accident, but no injuries were reported to the people on board.

“It was just a loud bang that's all it was. Two cars crashing but a little louder," said George Acevedo, a passenger aboard the ship.

Despite the rough arrival back from the sea, most passengers dismissed the accident as just that, a minor bump in the road.

The Greenberg family said it was a rocky end to a great vacation. "You kind of felt the ship banging against the port, it seems a little surprising. I guess first day on the job maybe," said Eric Greenberg.

The ship is on course for it’s next voyage to Canada and even with the minor damage to the bow, is expected to leave today at 4pm.

Dave, I'm on the same cruise but mine leaves on the 4th. :D

How can you be on the same cruise that leaves 2 days earlier?

So if the info is correct you only pay for 5 nights and that would work out to 120 dollars unless you plan to get there a day ahead of time on the 3rd. :D

You mean a day ahead of time on the 5th.

By the way, did you hear that the Victory hit the pier on the way into port today?

Yikes! Now I'll be measuring the water level outside my cabin all voyage!

How can you be on the same cruise that leaves 2 days earlier?

You mean a day ahead of time on the 5th.

Yikes! Now I'll be measuring the water level outside my cabin all voyage!

I got confused by your original post that suggested you were leaving on the 3rd. Guess we both goofed since the cruise leaves on Monday the 6th.

Archived